Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Lost Spanish Driving Licence

Lost Spanish Driving Licence

Old Aug 29th 2014, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

neilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really nice
Default Lost Spanish Driving Licence

I have just lost my Spanish driving licence(in my wallet with everything else).. How do I get a replacement Spanish licence please?

I am near Girona (60Km) in a motorhome.

The licence was originally issued in La Linea Traffico, Cadiz province

I have my UK passport and I know my NIE number but do not have the paper form.

How can I get a replacement or some piece of paper to allow me to drive the motor home back to our Spanish address in Cadiz province. Then I presume I have to go to the La Linea Traffico with a photo, a form?, NIE details etc for a full replacement.

Any help please on getting a temporary replacement for a few weeks.

Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2014, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost Spanish Driving Licence

I think you need to report the loss to the Guardia Civil with an official denuncia. Then the papers they issue you should cover you until you return to your local traffico and submit the form for a replacement.

See here for more in English
https://sede.dgt.gob.es/Galerias/tra...cir-INGLES.pdf

Last edited by spainrico; Aug 29th 2014 at 3:02 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:27 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost Spanish Driving Licence

Originally Posted by spainrico
I think you need to report the loss to the Guardia Civil with an official denuncia. Then the papers they issue you should cover you until you return to your local traffico and submit the form for a replacement.

See here for more in English
https://sede.dgt.gob.es/Galerias/tra...cir-INGLES.pdf

Yes that is what I would do as well.