Lost SKY News

Old May 1st 2009, 8:26 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lost SKY News

Hi there, we have a little cheap system fron Lidl with an 80 cm dish. We have only ever been able to get a few English-speaking channels on it; SKY News, CNN, BBC World, CNBC, Euronews, God Channel. (I think this is mainly due to the size of the dish - we have nowhere to put the 1.5m dish required).

Anyway, Sky News have been flashing a banner across the top of the screen for the last couple of weeks telling us to retune and giving some details.

These are: Transponder 57 Freq 10832 NHz, Polarity Horizontal, Symbol Rate 22, Fec 5/6, Sid 61919

My husband was only able to change the frequency.

He thought that he had done it, because it went onto a different channel number and got a better picture, but this morning it has disappeared (so has Euronews).

We have a Silver Crest SL65 box, an 80cm dish and use the Astra 1B 19.2E Satellite.

Any ideas on how to get it back? And maybe other channels?

Last edited by scampicat; May 1st 2009 at 8:38 am.
Old May 1st 2009, 8:50 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lost SKY News

Originally Posted by scampicat
Hi there, we have a little cheap system fron Lidl with an 80 cm dish. We have only ever been able to get a few English-speaking channels on it; SKY News, CNN, BBC World, CNBC, Euronews, God Channel. (I think this is mainly due to the size of the dish - we have nowhere to put the 1.5m dish required).

Anyway, Sky News have been flashing a banner across the top of the screen for the last couple of weeks telling us to retune and giving some details.

These are: Transponder 57 Freq 10832 NHz, Polarity Horizontal, Symbol Rate 22, Fec 5/6, Sid 61919

My husband was only able to change the frequency.

He thought that he had done it, because it went onto a different channel number and got a better picture, but this morning it has disappeared (so has Euronews).

We have a Silver Crest SL65 box, an 80cm dish and use the Astra 1B 19.2E Satellite.

Any ideas on how to get it back? And maybe other channels?
You want to be aiming at Astra on 28.2 East as most of the channels on Astra at 19 are German French and Spanish these days. With the exception of a few channels.

But you could just get the box to Rescan for all Free Channels.

It should have a setting to return it to default factory config which will undo all your OH button pressing then rescan for channels.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; May 1st 2009 at 8:53 am.
Old May 1st 2009, 8:54 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Does this involve re-aligning dish? If so, what do the numbers mean? Is 28 degrees above the horizon, or is it a compass direction? In other words which direction should he move the satellite?

If we just ask the box to re-tune, won't it just go onto the same satellite?

Thanks so much for your answer and sorry to be such a pain.
Old May 1st 2009, 9:10 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

in the meantime.......

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Sky-Live-TV

PM Satandpcguy
he will know the answer. But re scan as above seems the answer.Do not touch the dish at this stage.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 1st 2009 at 9:21 am.
Old May 1st 2009, 9:34 am
Ex Expat

Thanks all.

It won't let us re-scan without a password and we don't know what it is!

My husband is busy re-aligning the dish. He has got a tuner and a compass so he can put it back how it was if necessary.

Have pm'd satandpcguy, thanks.
Old May 1st 2009, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Unless you have changed it the password on the Silvercrest is 0000.
Old May 1st 2009, 10:08 am
Ex Expat

Thanks Beachcomber!
Old May 1st 2009, 11:46 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

sky snooze is currently up and working on 10832 h 22000 on astra 19.

and euronews is up and working on 12226 h 27500 2/3 on astra 19.

many receivers have default pins to access them, start with 0000, then 9999, then 1111 then 1234.

and as mentioned you will get more UK channels by realigning the disgh to athe uk v satellites located at 28.2 to 28.5 degrees east of south...you will also have to change the elevation of your dish ever so slightly also. from astra 19 to astra 28, from behine the dish move the dish left and down....

on astra 28's you will get bbc radios, bbc sports interactive (12441), and many other uk channels, although not the main bbc and itv on your 80cm dish!

the sky news on the loink above is just a news headline service...not a live tv version

no pm received here!

Last edited by The Guy; May 1st 2009 at 11:50 am.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:04 pm
Ex Expat

Got them all back thanks - retuned TV!

Thanks especially to PC and Sat Man
Old May 2nd 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

hi, does the Lidl 80cm portable dish & digibox on offer this week at Lidl (111e all in) enable you to receive Radio 4 in Denia area?

Really appreciate any feedback, could be desert Island Disks on the beach if I can get it to run off a 12 v battery.

Cheers for any help.
Old May 2nd 2009, 1:50 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poolboy
hi, does the Lidl 80cm portable dish & digibox on offer this week at Lidl (111e all in) enable you to receive Radio 4 in Denia area?

Really appreciate any feedback, could be desert Island Disks on the beach if I can get it to run off a 12 v battery.

Cheers for any help.
simple answer is yes.

currently the frequency with bbc news, and bbc radio 1,2,3,4 (11954H) is available on an 80cm dish in Denia...infact it is available over most of spain on an 80cm dish.

as is the bbc interactive sports streams (stream 0-6) on 12441v.
Old May 2nd 2009, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Satandpcguythe sky news on the loink above is just a news headline service...not a live tv version[/QUOTE]

It's sky news without the adverts.
Old May 2nd 2009, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by big wheels
It's sky news without the adverts.
there are two versions of sky news available....

the free - non registering version which is just the rolling newsheadlines service - a 2 minute looping newsreel - ..not the actual sky news channel output...as i can now see between the live sat tv version vs whats on the link.

or you can sign up (with your sky card and My SKY account details - which may not be an idea to do it from spain due to IP address tracking) and go for the live version....which may (or maynot) be available outside the uk

Last edited by The Guy; May 2nd 2009 at 2:33 pm.
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the info mr satandpcman, top answer too.

Ok, so I have another question before I buy the Lidl setup. It runs a scart socket from the digibox so do I have to buy a 12v tv to get radio 4 or can I play it through the aux input of a hifi? I

The Lidl deal is a 80cm dish, digibox running off 12v cigar lighter socket. I'd like to listen to R4 on the beach, I know it's sad but I am salivating at the Archers theme tune with the sand between my toes, water lapping at my ankles.

Any other ideas for radio listening welcome.

Cheers
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:22 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by poolboy
thanks for the info mr satandpcman, top answer too.

Ok, so I have another question before I buy the Lidl setup. It runs a scart socket from the digibox so do I have to buy a 12v tv to get radio 4 or can I play it through the aux input of a hifi? I

The Lidl deal is a 80cm dish, digibox running off 12v cigar lighter socket. I'd like to listen to R4 on the beach, I know it's sad but I am salivating at the Archers theme tune with the sand between my toes, water lapping at my ankles.

Any other ideas for radio listening welcome.

Cheers
If thats all you want it for then buy a digital radio.. I have this image of someone sitting on the beach with a satelite dish perched on top of his car with the archers blasting out from a portable tv in the boot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.