Lost SKY News

Old May 2nd 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Lost SKY News

thanks for the digital radio suggestion - I also want to play the radio through the hi fi at home so the dish is going on the roof too.

You'd spot my car a mile away on the AP7 with the dish on the roof!!!!

Ta for suggestion
Old May 2nd 2009, 6:53 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

i dont think you can get bbcradio4 on DAB radio here is spain...as it it transmitted from landbased masts in the uk - just like the normal radio is.

on a dab radio in spain you will get the spanish dab radios only!

most digiboxes have aux outputs, so you just need a hifi / system with aux inputs...you can do this without a tv - as long as your digibox had channels numbers on the front which you can see you can make sure you programme radio4 as "channel 1".

or have a look at something like the sky gnome system....a transmitter "gnome" with your digibox sending signals to a receiver "gnome"...there are a few varieties around..and this way you do not have to cart everything with you, just set it up and make sure you keep in range of your transmitter....

alternatively, at home download it to an mp3 player and use an mp3 player instead...
Old May 2nd 2009, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

thanks, spot on about the Spanish DAB radio as R4 is sadly missing & Denia has no UK DAB radio transmission.

So its the Lidl dish setup & an aux input to the hifi.

Thanks for all contributions
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:59 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by poolboy
thanks, spot on about the Spanish DAB radio as R4 is sadly missing & Denia has no UK DAB radio transmission.

So its the Lidl dish setup & an aux input to the hifi.

Thanks for all contributions

I have just bought on e-Bay a Sky Gnome radio which you can have 30 metres from the sky plus box near the pool and listen to crystal clear radio/TV Sky have stopped making them now but E-Bay still has them. Sunday Breakfast by the pool with the Archers. ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Life is not that bad in Spain after all.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/reviews/r...tainment.phtml
Old May 3rd 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I use a low power FM transmitter fed from the audio output of the satellite receiver the audio from which can then be heard on any normal FM radio within range tuned to the same frequency.

It can be used with any satellite receiver not just a Sky digibox.
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:37 pm

The Sky Gnome can also play back any radio or TV you have taped on sky plus
so you do not have to listen in real time you can savour the moment on your return from a days toil.
Old May 3rd 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

Question about Sky Gnome.

To be honest Ive never heard of them before until it was mentioned on here.
So can I basically take this radio outside by the communial pool(less than 30mtrs) and I can recieve Radio One, and a few English radio stations that I can get Via my Sky box?

Plus can I control the radio stations with the gnome or do I need to change them over with the sky remote?ie is it like a normal DAB and they will have the stations in them which have been inputted from my skybox?

Last edited by spainboy; May 3rd 2009 at 3:59 pm.
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by spainboy
Question about Sky Gnome.

To be honest Ive never heard of them before until it was mentioned on here.
So can I basically take this radio outside by the communial pool(less than 30mtrs) and I can recieve Radio One, and a few English radio stations that I can get Via my Sky box?

Plus can I control the radio stations with the gnome or do I need to change them over with the sky remote?ie is it like a normal DAB and they will have the stations in them which have been inputted from my skybox?
The Gnome has ten preset buttons and will control the Sky box from the poolside. You can hear every station that your Skybox shows. So all the Radio stations.Plus Television. You could on sky plus record you fav music and later play by the pool.Radio 7 has some fantastic talking books to send you off on your afternoon snooze. With pre recorded you have to go to the recording and press play as you would normally The gnome will then pick it up outside. In respect of the other channels the device has 10 pre-set buttons and a scan button. See pic below.Click on it for better view of buttons/screen.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_n...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 6:38 am.