Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The lost Photos.......

The lost Photos.......

Old Jan 26th 2015, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

tigersteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The lost Photos.......

I spotted this on the BBC today and the motorcyclist caught my imagination, with the Spanish connection I got to thinking it would be great if it was someone here or a relative?

A chance in a million I know , but you never say never !!

BBC News - The camera that captured readers' lives
Old Jan 26th 2015, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The lost Photos.......

That was nice and interesting. I might just look out for one of these. I love the new digital cameras and all they are capable of but also find that the film cameras have a charm in the image they capture.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 8:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Wonderful photos.

I still have my parents box brownie camera. It is one of my special treasures.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

tigersteve is an unknown quantity at this point

The Box Brownie was my first camera too, I remember buying the 620 film at the chemist and after carefull instruction from my dad, loading it in the darkened room....
My first mistake was to forget to 'wind on' after each a shot, this produced a couple of interesting double exposures!
My dad was in the Welsh Guards Band and every year as kids we went to Cardiff for the Military Tattoo ,which of course he had to take part in.My first roll of film was shot there, no pictures of dad marching ,much too boring ! They were of the Royal Signals White Helmet Motorcycle display team roaring around on their Triumph 500 twins,jumping through flaming hoops, riding as a pyramid and even riding from the top of a ladder attached to the back of the bike.
All pretty tame by today's high flying stunts but it excited me as a 9 year old boy and I've never been without a camera since.( My first new motorcycle was a Triumph 750 Silver Jubilee Twin in 1977 and not been without a bike since! )