Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

los olivos school

los olivos school

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

wendi is an unknown quantity at this point
Question los olivos school

Has anyone got any information about this school in valencia? is it any good? Im moving to spain with my twin daughters and not sure whether to send them here or to another. Can anyone recommend a secondary school anywhere? North or south spain?
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

silus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: los olivos school

Originally Posted by wendi
Has anyone got any information about this school in valencia? is it any good? Im moving to spain with my twin daughters and not sure whether to send them here or to another. Can anyone recommend a secondary school anywhere? North or south spain?
Hi,
How old are your daughters? We are considering a move to Valencia in the near future and have been looking for a school for my 6 year old boy. He doesn't speak spanish and i fear that putting him straight in to a state school may be a bit overwhelming for him. If you find a good school please drop me a line.
Good luck
Silus
Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:22 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silus
Hi,
How old are your daughters? We are considering a move to Valencia in the near future and have been looking for a school for my 6 year old boy. He doesn't speak spanish and i fear that putting him straight in to a state school may be a bit overwhelming for him. If you find a good school please drop me a line.
Good luck
Silus
My youngest niece was 6 when they moved to Spain. She went to Spanish school and within a couple of months was fluent in Spanish. Six months on and she was better at Valenciano than the Spanish kids and had picked up quite a bit of German.

My sis and family are now moving back to London and have the odd situation of worrying about my niece being behind in English and are having to get her extra tuition so that she doesn't have to go back a year at English school.

Kid's brains are like little sponges and they pick new languages up remarkably well.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Robert@Eurosettlers is an unknown quantity at this point

You might just find these web sites helpful

http://costablancaexpats.net/pats/education2.txt (very informative)
www.nabss.org
http://www.spainexchange.com/study_s...h_speaking.php
Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by silus
Hi,
Good luck
Silus
hi silus

My daughters are 12, and have read that the younger you put them in state school, the better they pick up the language and adapt culturally. I am goin to visit the Los olivos school in April so will get back to you about my findings.
Are you looking to move to that area inparticular?
wendi
Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: los olivos school

Originally Posted by Robert@Eurosettlers

Thank you so much for that very informative information about education. Feel that I am alittle more focused now. Well its all go now, just gotta find a nice area to live now.

wendi