Reload this Page >

Looking at property at CE in October

Looking at property at CE in October

Old Sep 21st 2013, 5:37 pm
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking at property at CE in October

Hi

We are coming over for a viewing visit next month... anything we should know?
Old Sep 21st 2013, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking at property at CE in October

Can you give us a clue as to what about ?
Old Sep 21st 2013, 5:55 pm
Sandra & Munty

Hello

Just trying to do some research... obviously we will look at property ... but trying to get a bit of feedback.. I get the impression that there is a lot of building still going on? How big is the area? If you are at the furthest away from the clubhouse it is a drive not a walk if you want "life" in the evening?

South facing too hot? or is this too picky? are the properties value for money in the forums opinion? distressed? or resale?

I bet you wished you hadn't asked!

I'm just trying to think of my profile name so you may be talking to someone else in a minute!
Old Sep 21st 2013, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Google earth the area and you will see how big it is.

Top of area too far to walk to clubhouse at the entrance.

Still a lot of unfinished building including all bar one shop and lots of houses and some plots I believe.

Value for money no idea but some will need a fair bit of work if been empty a long time plus many are not finished inside, no fittings.

Temps reaches the high 30c's
Old Sep 21st 2013, 6:11 pm
Sandra & Munty

Hi

Yes.. that is what I was picturing in my mind.... Supposed to be a really lovely area though isn't it. We have looked at other parts of Spain but finding this area a little more unspoiled?

Thank you for getting back to me... ? you live there permantly
Old Sep 21st 2013, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't live there at all I live in Ayamonte. I like it a lot and the ferry to Portugal is great for a change of scene.

CE is not for me and the biting beasties loved me up there. I don't drive so not use at all. There are some lovely views depending where you are.

There are plenty of threads about it in this section, have a good read round them, ignoring the crap
Old Sep 21st 2013, 6:43 pm
Sandra & Munty

Yep I will read through the lines... thanks for your help... and have a good Saturday Night. x
Old Sep 21st 2013, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I don't live there at all I live in Ayamonte. I like it a lot and the ferry to Portugal is great for a change of scene.

CE is not for me and the biting beasties loved me up there. I don't drive so not use at all. There are some lovely views depending where you are.

There are plenty of threads about it in this section, have a good read round them, ignoring the crap

I totally agree with CW. If you want all the commodities, you should choose Ayamonte centre. Close to all the shops, supermarkets, Portugal and the local night life. Plus in these times of crisis, there are many properties at very good conditions. I live in the highest part of Ayamonte (Mirador area): 10mns walking from everything and very quiet when you are home.
Regards.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Diddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant future

Hi Sandra, we don't live there full time at the moment in the process of building on CE hoping to be there full time next year. Agree with the others if you want to be close to everything and basically in walking distance then poss look at Ayamonte cntr, however we have never once had 2nd thoughts with our choice at buying on CE. When over for hols we have rented apt and townhouse on CE and never been a problem for us when wanting a night out, apart from when we had to walk back and I had stilletos on! but that's another story and adds to the charm...good luck and happy hunting
Old Sep 21st 2013, 7:29 pm
Sandra & Munty

Hi

Thanks.. I know that there are places for sale in the "central" area and over at the further point.. to be honest I think we would prefer something not so remote... but that is why I am talking to you guys.. to get a feeling of the area.. Thanks for getting back to me.... Stilettos... umn good to wear bad to walk in!. x
Old Sep 21st 2013, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

We are in Las Colinas which we think is probably furthest from the clubhouse (someone may correct me) and we are a 35 minute walk from the clubhouse which I wouldn't fancy doing in heels but am happy to do carrying heels in a little bag. We also have some bikes and cycling down the hill is easy although cycling back takes a bit more effort.

As for orientation (which for me was very important so I don't think you are being picky) it depends on when you will use it most. South facing would be much too hot in the summer but would be lovely September to May. We have a west facing garden but have several different areas so can usually find somewhere in the sun or the shade but if you only have a balcony you may not have the same options.

We bought a repossessed property from the bank and think it was value for money but you probably need to see different options to decide for yourself.

If you want to be in the centre of the action, Ayamonte may be better but we find that we have the best of both worlds: the tranquility of CE and the (one) shop and the clubhouse within walking distance but the delights of Ayamonte, beautiful beaches and Portugal within a short drive.

Kath
Old Sep 21st 2013, 8:00 pm
Sandra & Munty

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
We are in Las Colinas which we think is probably furthest from the clubhouse (someone may correct me) and we are a 35 minute walk from the clubhouse which I wouldn't fancy doing in heels but am happy to do carrying heels in a little bag. We also have some bikes and cycling down the hill is easy although cycling back takes a bit more effort.

As for orientation (which for me was very important so I don't think you are being picky) it depends on when you will use it most. South facing would be much too hot in the summer but would be lovely September to May. We have a west facing garden but have several different areas so can usually find somewhere in the sun or the shade but if you only have a balcony you may not have the same options.

We bought a repossessed property from the bank and think it was value for money but you probably need to see different options to decide for yourself.

If you want to be in the centre of the action, Ayamonte may be better but we find that we have the best of both worlds: the tranquility of CE and the (one) shop and the clubhouse within walking distance but the delights of Ayamonte, beautiful beaches and Portugal within a short drive.

Kath
Thanks again... when you are sitting in UK and its cold and wet you forget how the searing sun can cause so much discomfort.. I think we are probably going to look between a ground floor and a 2nd floor with solarium? there was a 3 bed townhouse.. but it is on "hold" whatever that means... but there are still 3 bed duplex? any of you know those? What are they like? Really would like some kind of view if only from the solarium terrace as live surrounded by trees in the UK!.

I think also reading between the lines that are not written!.. that the AC is not connected only "pre installed"....When do the pools become warm enough to swim in? June? til Oct?

Any answers gladly received.

What a Phlebotomist by the way that's why I'm sandraphleb.. might change to bloodlady!.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Can't help about duplexes, I'm afraid. We only have pre-installed aircon. Neighborhoods have installed it but we haven't bothered. We have ceiling fans which we prefer although aircon might be useful for heating in the winter. It does get cold in the winter. Even if it is pleasant in the daytime it can get cold at night.

We were swimming in the pool at the beginning of May although the Spanish thought we were mad. We certainly expect to be swimming next week when we go.
Kath
Old Sep 21st 2013, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

It always depends on what you are looking for.
We have an apartment in Marina Esuri which is the oldest and probably most established of the urbs. It was originally called the Andulucian Village which conveys the ideas the developers were trying to achieve. It is also a short stroll to the club. It comprises 2 bedroom apartments on first and second floors and 3 bedroom duplexes on 3/4 floors set around a number of shared gated pool/gardens. ME was completed long before the crash which stopped most of the developments (although there are still a number or private villas being built on the plots across CE) and so is complete. At the moment prices are very good value for new buyers (although not for us longer owners ) There are some really nice duplexes available at very reasonable prices either second owner or through the banks. As long as you go into it with your eyes open then now's the time to buy - but don't expect a return on your investment in the short/medium term but a very enjoyable time nevertheless.
I'm sure owners in the other urbs will have their own views
As for the area. Ayamonte itself is still primarily a working town and doesn't cater exclusively for tourists. English is not widely spoken as on some of the other costas so it's always useful to learn at least a smattering of Spanish. Huelva province of Andulucia has its own unique character. There is comparatively little tourist development and what there is was originally aimed at Spanish owners. CE itself has probably a significant majority of Spanish owners.
CE is beside the first junction off the motorway from Portugal and so all the delights and beaches of the Eastern Algarve are on the doorstep. Faro (and the airport) is around 50Kms away.
Personally we love the area and spend as much time theres as we can.
If you have any specific questions then either post them here or PM me and I will do my best to respond.

Last edited by MikeJ; Sep 21st 2013 at 9:40 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 9:52 pm
Sandra & Munty

Originally Posted by MikeJ
It always depends on what you are looking for.
We have an apartment in Marina Esuri which is the oldest and probably most established of the urbs. It was originally called the Andulucian Village which conveys the ideas the developers were trying to achieve. It is also a short stroll to the club. It comprises 2 bedroom apartments on first and second floors and 3 bedroom duplexes on 3/4 floors set around a number of shared gated pool/gardens. ME was completed long before the crash which stopped most of the developments (although there are still a number or private villas being built on the plots across CE) and so is complete. At the moment prices are very good value for new buyers (although not for us longer owners ) There are some really nice duplexes available at very reasonable prices either second owner or through the banks. As long as you go into it with your eyes open then now's the time to buy - but don't expect a return on your investment in the short/medium term but a very enjoyable time nevertheless.
I'm sure owners in the other urbs will have their own views
As for the area. Ayamonte itself is still primarily a working town and doesn't cater exclusively for tourists. English is not widely spoken as on some of the other costas so it's always useful to learn at least a smattering of Spanish. Huelva province of Andulucia has its own unique character. There is comparatively little tourist development and what there is was originally aimed at Spanish owners. CE itself has probably a significant majority of Spanish owners.
CE is beside the first junction off the motorway from Portugal and so all the delights and beaches of the Eastern Algarve are on the doorstep. Faro (and the airport) is around 50Kms away.
Personally we love the area and spend as much time theres as we can.
If you have any specific questions then either post them here or PM me and I will do my best to respond.
Thank you again... exactly what I was looking for , so glad I joined this forum... We have been visiting Spain for the last 40 years.... its only now that we are able to purchase here. Of course we want the weather... but not in high season!. that is for holiday makers... we are both golfers! Him .....I try!... We are expecting grand children in he next 5 years!....And we work hard!

We can converse in Spanish a little.. but probably not with lawyers...

I thank you for your help .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.