Reload this Page >

Looking for new friends in L'Eliana/Riba-Roja area

Looking for new friends in L'Eliana/Riba-Roja area

Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:25 am
Just Joined

amitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for new friends in L'Eliana/Riba-Roja area

Hi

We've just moved to L'Eliana near Valencia and are looking for new English-speaking friends in the area. We have 2 kids aged 7 and 9 who started at Helios last week. If you'd like to meet up, please let me know. I'd also be interested to know what the best ways of hooking into the British/international community areas are.

Thanks!

Andrew
Old Jan 17th 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for new friends in L'Eliana/Riba-Roja area

Originally Posted by amitch
Hi

We've just moved to L'Eliana near Valencia and are looking for new English-speaking friends in the area. We have 2 kids aged 7 and 9 who started at Helios last week. If you'd like to meet up, please let me know. I'd also be interested to know what the best ways of hooking into the British/international community areas are.

Thanks!

Andrew
Hi there.We are near you in Lliria.Hope you are settling in well.

If you are new to Valencia then I guess it will take a while to fiind your bearings. Weve been here since Nov 2009 and love it.So much to do and only 15-20 mins from the absolute centre.

As far as an expat community here.Ummmm not sure what to say.There are brits and other nationalities around but you dont see them much.Maybe on market day when they come in from various parts of the campo but everyone seems to keep much to themselves.

Ive heard that over the years british people have tried to get a gathering venue together but none have worked.

The nearest I can suggest is possibly magpies near to Domeno to meet other brits but around here there arent that many families with children.

Weve got a 9 year old daughter by the way.

Well have to meet up for a coffee.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Hi, i'm her other half! I dont go on this site much now, but i thought i would come on for once and say hello.

The Mrs is right though, there are hardly any english in this area, sort of why we wanted to come here really, although the area could definitely do with more, especially with young families, so welcome!

Benvinguts as the valencians say.

You are ideally placed, youve got the metro (very easy to use) , plus the CV35 which gets you anywhere fast. Have you found "el osito" yet, the shopping mall? Worth a look but dont bother shopping in carrefour its stupidly expensive.

er anyway, feel free to reply, and its good to see some people moving to the area who aren't ..er........(chooses words wisely)...of the "Senior" generation.!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

oh and i forgot, i started up a facebook group which may help in the long run. (I was bored over xmas!), anyway feel free to join, here is the URL

http://www.facebook.com/Guy.Alexande...25323354196591

...........and if anyone else is reading this, from the valencia area, please come and join us too.

Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

amitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by painterhombre
oh and i forgot, i started up a facebook group which may help in the long run. (I was bored over xmas!), anyway feel free to join, here is the URL

http://www.facebook.com/Guy.Alexande...25323354196591

...........and if anyone else is reading this, from the valencia area, please come and join us too.

Hi Guy (and mujer!)

Sounds like we chose the area for the same reasons as you. We'd be keen to meet (and our 9 year old daughter is too!). Let us know when and where is good for you.

By the way, we had just found your Facebook page. We liked it!

Andrew
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

no probs, private message us and i'll give you our phone number, we would be quite happy to show you around, when we got here a year and half ago and knew no one it took us ages to get our "bearings". !

There is only 3 expat english bars, in driveable distance, 2 in a place called domeno, up the cv35 towards ademuz but just past Lliria. Not great but food is ok. And there is a good one called Cheers in monserrat, which is again about a half hour drive from you, so nothings really near. There is also a small english food shop called sPainsburys (!) in Lliria which sells the essentials, but its very hard to find, would have to explain to you where it is.

Anyway, glad all is well, pm us and i'll sort a number for you to call.