Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Looking for musicians in Madrid.

Looking for musicians in Madrid.

Old Jun 1st 2010, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

ReneGiesbertz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for musicians in Madrid.

Hello, we are looking for musicians to complete the line up of our band. We need a female vocalist (with a sweet voice.), a piano player or keyboard player and strings (violin / cello). The songs will be sung in English, and are in the style of Belle & Sebastian, Camera Obscura, Housemartins, She&Him etc. You don’t need to have a huge experience in playing in bands. If you are interested or want to know more, please send me a PM (or a mail at [email protected]) If you know someone, who is a singer or plays any of these instruments, please tell them.

Last edited by Sue; Jun 1st 2010 at 7:40 pm. Reason: OP asked for permission prior to posting
Old Jun 1st 2010, 8:36 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for musicians in Madrid.

Have you tried looking in the metro system..............plenty of them there.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

I hope you are not suggesting the woman that sings at Diego de Léon
Old Jun 1st 2010, 9:18 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

I use that metro and I've not heard her.....I was thinking of the one near work..Pacifico.

Edit......just realised who you mean......no....she's terrible lol
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:06 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ReneGiesbertz
I hope you are not suggesting the woman that sings at Diego de Léon
Wow, does she still get up and sing in the carriage? She has some guts I have to admit - I never saw her receive more than 20 centimes though
Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:31 pm
Yaaarp

I think the OP is talking about the one that's always in the corner inbetween line 1 & line 5.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:38 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
I think the OP is talking about the one that's always in the corner inbetween line 1 & line 5.
Oh, I probably don't know her then. Diego de Leon is one of those stations with long walks between different lines. I always tried to work out the quickest way to leave the station (or used other interchanges to change between lines)
Old Jun 5th 2010, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

I mean the one that is in the tunnel between lines 6 and 5 (line 1 doesn't go to Diego de Leon.) but you still have to respect her, as it is still way better, than just plain begging.

But back to the original question ... no musicians around here?