Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Reg Car sell to French Buyer??..

Spanish Reg Car sell to French Buyer??..

Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:02 am
Just Joined

PaulInSpain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spanish Reg Car sell to French Buyer??..

Hi Expats...
Does someone out there have the answer to this question??.
I have my Spanish Registered Jeep Cherokee for sale on e-bay at this time finishing Saturday evening (Item Number :-200477697126 ). I have an enquiry from a French guy who is genuinely interested in buying the Jeep BUT I don't know what to do with regards the selling of the car to him ??..
I know I visit the Gestor with a Spanish resident buyer armed with Padron, NIE, Car Doc's and copious amounts of money having brought the car in the first place, its just a role reversal BUT... This guy is French, won't have a padron, NIE or any Spanish address??..
Can Someone offer any advice on this situation out there please??
Thanks. Paul.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:33 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Reg Car sell to French Buyer??..

The Gestor will tell you how you export the car.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Okay, guess I should visit the Gestor and ask there then?. I truly didn't think of going there and asking because of my bad Spanish and it probably being a little technical for me to understand but, fair point well made... Ask there and find out!!.

Thanks for the reply.. If anyone else does know between now and 5pm please let me know but thanks for your help guys...

Paul.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

about 5 years ago a brit friend moved from spain to france with her spanish car. no probs to re-register in france but suma kept sending her yearly tax bills and she had a real job to prove it had been exported! getting french docs translated at aproved offices etc....just a warning to you
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

That sounds about right for Spain doesn't it!!!

I think in fairness, it's just simpler to say thank's for the offer but no thanks and sell the Jeep to a bidder on e-bay that has a Spanish address!!!... That kinda wraps it all up neatly doesn't it!!

Thanks for your heads up though!!
Old Jun 6th 2010, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

its quite straight forward (ish) we did it just over a year ago, sold our Spanish car to someone in France (he was English)

what we did

got the contracts done the same as if you were selling to someone in Spain - just used his passport number instead of NIE

the buyer, paid for car and drove it to France

We then had it "baja" in Spain - once it is "baja" (de-registered) you wont receive any further bills for suma etc

The relevant papers were sent to France then for them to re-register

You will need a certificate of conformity for you car (if you havent already got it) that will cost around 150€

There is quite an element of trust on both sides in that they have to trust you to de register and then you have to trust them to re-register but our one was all sorted relitively quickly

Originally Posted by PaulInSpain
Hi Expats...
Does someone out there have the answer to this question??.
I have my Spanish Registered Jeep Cherokee for sale on e-bay at this time finishing Saturday evening (Item Number :-200477697126 ). I have an enquiry from a French guy who is genuinely interested in buying the Jeep BUT I don't know what to do with regards the selling of the car to him ??..
I know I visit the Gestor with a Spanish resident buyer armed with Padron, NIE, Car Doc's and copious amounts of money having brought the car in the first place, its just a role reversal BUT... This guy is French, won't have a padron, NIE or any Spanish address??..
Can Someone offer any advice on this situation out there please??
Thanks. Paul.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Spanish Reg Car sell to French Buyer??..

Thank You Very Much for the replies to this question....

The vehicle is now sold ........

The Gestor will be handling all the paperwork from here on in.

Thanks to those who took the time to reply to this question.

Kindest regards to you all.

Paul.