Reload this Page >

Looking to move but no idea where

Looking to move but no idea where

Old Apr 29th 2016, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Gamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking to move but no idea where

Originally Posted by missile
Perhaps Playa Flamenca near La Zenia Boulevard would suit you?
Live music, bars, restaurants, shops open all day every day. Within walking distance of the beach and good transport links to Alicante and Murcia airports.

See here for reports from visitors:
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attrac...n_Country.html
Sorry I seemed to dismiss this place too quickly

We almost booked to go to Urb La Marina until we watched a video or 2 and decided it's too British for us. So looked for vids on Playa Flamenca and wow it looks perfect. Properties to rent seem very reasonable so we are heading over hopefully on the 10th May for 3 days to have a look around.

Does anyone live there ? any tips?

Thanks
Old Apr 30th 2016, 6:04 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

We know several who live there and love it. Do you have specific questions?

There are pros and cons to every location. We all have different requirements. May I suggest you need to think carefully about your own.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 8:04 am
Just Joined

In order to continue with my part-time work I will need a stable internet connection so any info on which provider can get us hooked up quickest and is reliable would be of a great help.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 9:38 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

A friend living in Playa Flamenca uses Telefonica and tell me their internet is very good. Telefonica connected my telephone and internet within a week.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Ash Jez is on a distinguished road

Don't know if this applies to all areas but my sister is connected wireless to the town hall and by all accounts, that works well for her. Hers is free for 30 minutes per day and then paid for following. Now idea however how her system works.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Cllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond repute

If you think that La Marina seems to British for you, Playa Flamenca is totally British. There are of course also a mixture of other European Nationals, but English is predominately spoken, by the other Nationals as well.

Personally I like living in an English speaking area with all the UK TV channels as my Spanish would probably never reach fluency level. But each to their own.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered living inland within one hour to the beach? The bus services are good, fewer people, brilliant scenery, openness, freedom, great walks, clear roads ,fresh air, night skys, nature and wildlife... less concrete but still plenty of shops, supermarkets, bars, bakers, great swimming pools, open all summer couple of euros a day. Best of all worlds and the cost of living will be a lot less.....less for a better quality of life.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by casa del sol
Have you considered living inland within one hour to the beach? The bus services are good, fewer people, brilliant scenery, openness, freedom, great walks, clear roads ,fresh air, night skys, nature and wildlife... less concrete but still plenty of shops, supermarkets, bars, bakers, great swimming pools, open all summer couple of euros a day. Best of all worlds and the cost of living will be a lot less.....less for a better quality of life.
Indeed I have but so far haven't been able to find anywhere like it.

The dream would be wake up on a sunny morning, have a light stroll into town as the birds chatter in the hedges. Get some fresh bread from the local baker and maybe a nice bottle of wine and some cheese from the super, perhaps have a coffee before heading home to sit on the patio with my laptop and work for an hour or 2....... Oh and yes I much like the lower cost of living part

I'm sure you get my drift but I've wandered with google through a couple of towns / villages without seeing this.

Thanks for all the info's everyone, please keep it coming.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gamer

The dream would be wake up on a sunny morning, have a light stroll into town as the birds chatter in the hedges. Get some fresh bread from the local baker and maybe a nice bottle of wine and some cheese from the super, perhaps have a coffee before heading home to sit on the patio with my laptop and work for an hour or 2....... Oh and yes I much like the lower cost of living part

I'm sure you get my drift but I've wandered with google through a couple of towns / villages without seeing this.

Why dream, make it happen. The bread to look out for is fresh mollete made every morning, lots of places to stop by for a coffee 1.50 euros double cortardo, no problem with internet/mobile connection....no good looking on google, take time to go, touch, see and feel yourself.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Cllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond repute

You can live that life in most of Spain. Enjoy.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Maur-Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Gamer did you fimnd anywhere? Try Olvera and Antequera
Old Jul 20th 2016, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

It's always personal choice and probably depends what type of person you are, but I'd find places like Playa Flamenca, La Marina boring and they seem to all look the same, but great for a week holiday. Have a look at Sant Feliu de GuĂ­xols, maybe Roses. Even Blanes & the outskirts of Lloret de Mar up to Vidreres have a lot to offer and you can get a decent house with nice garden cheap enough these days. Might want to check video: http://www.spain-holiday.com/Sant-Feliu-De-Guixols

Last edited by Moses2013; Jul 20th 2016 at 1:12 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Happycamper60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am new to the forum and to Spain. Just bought an apartment in Aguilas which is a lovely town - in my opinion. It is currently busy due to the Spanish holidays but come September will quieten down again. A wide variety of restaurants and bars, it is very Spanish with little English spoken, a plus for me - even though my Spanish is currently poor (lessons start soon!)! Not found too many expats although still looking.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 7:09 pm
Started off with nothing

I don't know any towns on the costas where you will find hedgerows.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Tammydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I love living right on the edge of Punta prima. All the amenities. Supermarket and 24 hour English speaking pharmacy and hospital close. Also sea, bars and restaurants. A couple of minutes walk. Overlooking a beautiful well maintained park. With the palm trees as well. W want for nothing and ok it's silly with tourists at the moment. But last what 6 weeks. And then bliss.we rented first before deciding where to live. And we are very,very happy. Think about what your needs are, for us being retired we found it all here. But no on is waiting at heavens gates that is for certain. Hope you enjoy your new life as much a we do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.