Reload this Page >

Looking to move but no idea where

Looking to move but no idea where

Old Apr 28th 2016, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Gamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to move but no idea where

Hi All,
I've read loads on here and know that there is no right or wrong place as it depends of course on what you are looking for. So I thought if I put some specific requirements in there might be a few ideas out there.

Renting and it's Just the wife and I with visits from the grown up kids so a 2 bedroom is OK we don't need a big villa.
I don't really want to drive anywhere so a town with a decent supermarket and local shops / restaurants / bars .
Maybe a beach ?
A few brits around would be nice to chill with down the local bar
Not too noisy or busy

Having googled a few properties and taken the Street view tours of Fuente de Piedra and Torrox costa they all seem to have something missing. Living in the UK for so long we are used to a bunch of shops /bars/ restaurants in one place, it seems the Spanish way is to have street after street of apartments with a supermarket / bar every mile or so!

Are we asking too much? Does any of that above sound like somewhere you know?

Many thanks

K+S
Old Apr 28th 2016, 3:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move but no idea where

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 28th 2016, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gamer
Hi All,
I've read loads on here and know that there is no right or wrong place as it depends of course on what you are looking for. So I thought if I put some specific requirements in there might be a few ideas out there.

Renting and it's Just the wife and I with visits from the grown up kids so a 2 bedroom is OK we don't need a big villa.
I don't really want to drive anywhere so a town with a decent supermarket and local shops / restaurants / bars .
Maybe a beach ?
Not too noisy or busy

Having googled a few properties and taken the Street view tours of Fuente de Piedra and Torrox costa they all seem to have something missing. Living in the UK for so long we are used to a bunch of shops /bars/ restaurants in one place, it seems the Spanish way is to have street after street of apartments with a supermarket / bar every mile or so!

Many thanks

K+S

Gibraltar
Old Apr 28th 2016, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Gibraltar is nice yes, I was lucky enough to spend the day there recently when the ship I was working on docked for the day but rentals are pretty expensive?

I've found Aguilas and it looks favorite so far.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Ash Jez is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Many thanks

K+S
Then add the siesta time and shopping can become a nightmare and especially so for a tourist. At one time even the likes of Lidl and Mercadona would even close for their siesta. Very relax way of life I must say but takes some getting used to. Mañana, Mañana, Mañana.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 6:45 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Maybe a beach ?
Not too noisy or busy

Many thanks

K+S
Perhaps Playa Flamenca near La Zenia Boulevard would suit you?
Live music, bars, restaurants, shops open all day every day. Within walking distance of the beach and good transport links to Alicante and Murcia airports.

See here for reports from visitors:
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attrac...n_Country.html
Old Apr 29th 2016, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Spanish Life is an unknown quantity at this point

Urb La Marina, located 20 minutes from Alicante airport. This area has many expat club/societies to join. There are 4 nice areas which have supermarkets, bars and restaurants. A large number of Europeans live here permanently. There is a bus service as well in case you do not drive.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 11:32 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spanish Life
Urb La Marina, located 20 minutes from Alicante airport. This area has many expat club/societies to join. There are 4 nice areas which have supermarkets, bars and restaurants. A large number of Europeans live here permanently. There is a bus service as well in case you do not drive.
Please contact admin in order to change your user name.

Rosemary
Old Apr 29th 2016, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Spanish Life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Please contact admin in order to change your user name.

Rosemary
Hi Rosemary, I have tried to contact admin? I keep going around in circles. I can change this in my profile myself. I see that you are an adminstrator. What username would you suggest? Regards.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
Perhaps Playa Flamenca near La Zenia Boulevard would suit you?
Live music, bars, restaurants, shops open all day every day. Within walking distance of the beach and good transport links to Alicante and Murcia airports.

See here for reports from visitors:
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attrac...n_Country.html
Sounds a little too busy but we'll have a look thanks
Old Apr 29th 2016, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

I like the sound of this one. We'll have a look thank-you
Old Apr 29th 2016, 12:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rosemary, I have tried to contact admin? I keep going around in circles. I can change this in my profile myself. I see that you are an adminstrator. What username would you suggest? Regards.
You cannot change your username...only admin can do that. Did you hit the 'Contact Us' tab at the bottom of the page...giving an alternative username? BEVS our site lead/admin...is located in New Zealand...there is approximate a 12 hour time difference...no doubt she's sleeping soundly at the moment. She will attend to it but it will take a few hours.

Edit: a username that isn't an obvious company/domain name is good as per our Site Rules.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 29th 2016 at 12:29 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 12:27 pm

I am a moderator not admin. Click on admin at the bottom of the page to sort it out, there will not be an immediate response as none of us are on here 24/7. User names cannot be company names, I have no idea what user name you might like to change it to but please be aware that there is no advertising allowed on this forum.

Rosemary
Old Apr 29th 2016, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You cannot change your username...only admin can do that. Did you hit the 'Contact Us' tab at the bottom of the page...giving an alternative username? BEVS our site lead/admin...is located in New Zealand...there is approximate a 12 hour time difference...no doubt she's sleeping soundly at the moment. She will attend to it but it will take a few hours.
Ha,ha,ha we both answered at the same time.

Rosemary
Old Apr 29th 2016, 2:42 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds a little too busy but we'll have a look thanks
I would suggest you want the impossible? Anywhere with shops, pubs etc is going to be busy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.