Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Looking to move around Aspe area, any info appreciated

Looking to move around Aspe area, any info appreciated

Old May 16th 2009, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice
Default Looking to move around Aspe area, any info appreciated

Hi.

We are in the UK and are looking to move (this year) to the sort of Elche/aspe area, in fact we have seen a great house (to rent) on the internet, in Aspe, but before we bite the bullet and come and see it, does anyone live near or around Aspe and what is it like?

What are the (spanish) schools like in the area?

Are there any car boot sales around that sort of region?

....and also wheres the best place to look or post an online ad, (SNIP)

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 16th 2009 at 11:02 am. Reason: Pse read the forum rules regarding advertising
Old May 16th 2009, 11:03 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move around Aspe area, any info appreciated

Welcome to the forum

Regarding an online ad, see the classified section on this forum .... there is a no advertising policy in the country forums
Old May 16th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

hi, thanks, yes i know about the "no ads" which is why i didnt post one!

So if i am looking to do a car swap, which forum should i post in, just so i dont make a mistake?
Old May 16th 2009, 11:09 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painterhombre
hi, thanks, yes i know about the "no ads" which is why i didnt post one!

So if i am looking to do a car swap, which forum should i post in, just so i dont make a mistake?
I must have imagined you describing the car then
Look above the thread at the top menu .... classified ... its free
Old May 16th 2009, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

no problemo amigo

Old May 16th 2009, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

found it, posted ad, all sorted. thanks.

anyway, car aside, some info from anyone would be appreciated. My wife has lived in Spain before but i havent. Been there LOADS of times, but never moved my whole life abroad and a bit nervous really.............
Old May 16th 2009, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

mrs-mop is on a distinguished road

I live in Aspe and have done for 5 years now, my son goes to school here (what age/s are your kids??). If you want to PM me any questions then I can reply in detail later. Do you know where the house is? If you send me a link I can have a look and give you my views on it (from the perspective of someone already here).
Old May 16th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats great, muchos gracias!

we have only spoken to the estate agent, not the owners as yet, and we are considering flying over soon to check it out, maybe have a plan B and check some others out too while we are there. My daughter is 8 and i guess she would go to the local school when we get there? Is it worth putting her in the normal school or one of the state subsidised private ones?

She is also completely mad about horses and goes riding here in UK. is there a horse riding place nearby? I guess thats a bit of an obscure question?!!!

Well the house we are interested in is this one

http://www.countrylivingspain.com/pr...7&from=similar

and as far as we can tell, the location is just outside the town but unsure where

....oh and...............

My wife and I work online (me selling paint) (long story), and my wife does ebay.

Youre obviously online in Aspe, so do you know if there is a wi-fi area there, or who to contact to get us online in the house, should we choose to rent it?

There is a telefonica line and a satelite dish, but thats all i know.

Last edited by painterhombre; May 16th 2009 at 3:18 pm. Reason: forgot to ask something!