Coastal Laws

Old May 15th 2009, 7:53 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coastal Laws

It seems that everybody is being affected by this!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6289162.ece
Now they are also looking into Properties along the Galician coast.
Old May 15th 2009, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coastal Laws

the so-called Coastal Law which states that all land within 100m (328ft) of a shoreline is public property and bans building within that area

I am looking forward to the day when they remove the shore facilities to the Campo De Gibraltar oil refinery and return that area to the public.

Also the Port facilities in Algeciras and many other cities.

However if they remove 100mtrs from the shores of the city of Cadiz then that city will dissappaer entirely
Old May 15th 2009, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
the so-called Coastal Law which states that all land within 100m (328ft) of a shoreline is public property and bans building within that area

I am looking forward to the day when they remove the shore facilities to the Campo De Gibraltar oil refinery and return that area to the public.

Also the Port facilities in Algeciras and many other cities.

However if they remove 100mtrs from the shores of the city of Cadiz then that city will dissappaer entirely
How true.! What about if your apartment is 200m from the specific measuring point but apartments in your complex are say 90m will they tear down the whole complex or just the apartments within 100m making it look like a war zone...??
Old May 15th 2009, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

I think the law applies to those scruffy looking aberrations that shifty scum bag profiteering contractors put up on beaches. And the erections that are clearly built on 'public land'. And built after a certain time.
I think the fortifications around Cadiz won't need to come down. Just in case the place is raided again. And they were built some time ago.
The 'chiringuitos' have been given a reprieve - sensibly. And hasn't the famous hotel at Carboneras won a reprieve ?
Old May 15th 2009, 10:50 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

What confuses me about this law is;

What do they want betwwen the beach and buildings, just a patch of grass, or would that be illegal because technically don`t you need to build a grass lawn on top of the normal land.

I`ve travelled around some of Spain coast and most have sand dunnes, wild bush or buildings next to the beaches.

Isn`t a bit stupid to have 100 meters of land between the coast and any construction.Is the sea front Paseo`s now to be moved so far from the sea you can`t enjoy the views and no bars to enjoy a beer and relax.

I noticed on the Spanish news yesterday that the old Duchess, the one that talks like someone hit her in the mouth with a baseball bat, is about to lose her house in the South along with Antonio Bandera`s.

The pictures they showed of Antonio`s house was a rear wall next to the beach, which didn`t look that bad.

I dont think the people who decided on this have travelled much outside of Spain, most Med countries build on the beach front, its the appeal.

Reminds me, "what do you call a person in Spain with a brain ?, a Guiri".
Old May 15th 2009, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nige
I think the fortifications around Cadiz won't need to come down. Just in case the place is raided again. And they were built some time ago.
The 'chiringuitos' have been given a reprieve - sensibly. And hasn't the famous hotel at Carboneras won a reprieve ?
Are you saying that the Spanish Government are practising DISCRIMINATION
Old May 15th 2009, 12:15 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livit

I`ve travelled around some of Spain coast and most have sand dunnes, wild bush or buildings next to the beaches.

Like this?

or this----

I think this law, which is also be drawn up to stop illegal buildings being built.not just to remove those which are ugly. It is understood that there is even a Xunta de Galicia office which has been illegal. So it is a blanket law.
Old May 15th 2009, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

I'm curious to know how and where they will draw the line though. Like someone said earlier, if they blanketly pulled down everything within 100m of the coast then 3000 odd years of history in Cádiz would disappear, so would a big chuck of Barcelona etc etc.

Perhaps it will only apply to construction that took place after a certain year....maybe the year that the law was introduced.
Old May 15th 2009, 2:32 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Like this?
No more like this.
Attached Thumbnails Coastal Laws-images-1.jpg  
Old May 15th 2009, 4:09 pm

No more like this.

Too small for me to see........the photo that is
Old May 15th 2009, 5:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

It is happening in (guess where) at the moment. :-)) they have been given one week to show the right paperwork.

HERE
Old May 15th 2009, 6:49 pm
Banned

Pick anywhere on this map

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?g=mala...4&source=embed
Old May 15th 2009, 10:03 pm

this?
Old May 15th 2009, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
It is happening in (guess where) at the moment. :-)) they have been given one week to show the right paperwork.

HERE

I only got the front page.
Old May 16th 2009, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Like this?

http://www.freewebs.com/maravillaswd/more%20ted/6.jpg

or this----

http://www.cnbspain.com/images/gallery/9.JPG

I think this law, which is also be drawn up to stop illegal buildings being built.not just to remove those which are ugly. It is understood that there is even a Xunta de Galicia office which has been illegal. So it is a blanket law.
All those idle cranes should be re-used to demolish the lot. The advantages? People get jobs and the coast becomes a coast again instead of a wall of concrete. Why anyone would want to live or stay in any of the places in the photos is beyond me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.