Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Looking for employment

Looking for employment

Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:13 am
Just Joined

lambert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for employment

Can anyone help................... we moved here from uk and are looking for work, we live in the Torre Pacheco region. My husband can try his hand at anything labouring, fencing etc he even has his class 2 hgv so if there is anyone out there who needs a hardworking,reliable,honest worker than please let us know-thanks

ps I was an Administrator in the UK, so if there are any companies that require a hardworking,reliable and computer literate worker than would you let me know as well.

THANKS PEEPS
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of
Default Re: Looking for employment

Spain isnt really the best place to come for well paid employment,unfortunatly.Unless your happy to do some sort of sales job!
The best way to go is some sort of self employment.

However the same old question has to be asked;How good is your Spanish?

Sorry for the negativity,but a lot of expats,even with good Spanish seem to struggle with work,and its a major contributor to people going back to GB

Try some of the local papers like Costa Blanca news/Costa Del Sol News, or perhaps Wemploy,an agcy that mainly deals with CDS,and has all kind of work
available

Good luck!

Last edited by lcortez; Jun 13th 2008 at 12:15 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lcortez
Spain isnt really the best place to come for well paid employment,unfortunatly.Unless your happy to do some sort of sales job!
The best way to go is some sort of self employment.

However the same old question has to be asked;How good is your Spanish?

Sorry for the negativity,but a lot of expats,even with good Spanish seem to struggle with work,and its a major contributor to people going back to GB

Try some of the local papers like Costa Blanca news/Costa Del Sol News, or perhaps Wemploy,an agcy that mainly deals with CDS,and has all kind of work
available

Good luck!
That pretty much says it all and should be a warning to others, dont come here to live unless you have deep pockest and speak at least reasonable spanish, Ive got Spanish mates in the building trade who are moaning like mad about the lack of work,plus the social security here is crap , one mates been paying his self employed stamp for the last 3 years ,he now has no work and the social wont pay him anything!

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:05 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
That pretty much says it all and should be a warning to others, dont come here to live unless you have deep pockest and speak at least reasonable spanish, Ive got Spanish mates in the building trade who are moaning like mad about the lack of work,plus the social security here is crap , one mates been paying his self employed stamp for the last 3 years ,he now has no work and the social wont pay him anything!

Rgds

Rotor
Self employed people are not entitled to any payments no matter how long they have worked, very unfair.