Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car hire Malaga Airport : debit card

Car hire Malaga Airport : debit card

Old Jun 13th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Car hire Malaga Airport : debit card

I'm sure this has already been discussed , but can't seem to find the thread ;
trying to book a car rental for early next week in Malaga , but the Holiday Autos and similar won't accept cash , nor debit cards , for fuel and waiver charges ;
as it happens , between the wife and myself , we don't own a credit card ;
any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated , thanks in advance !
Old Jun 13th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car hire Malaga Airport : debit card

Originally Posted by Ray51
I'm sure this has already been discussed , but can't seem to find the thread ;
trying to book a car rental for early next week in Malaga , but the Holiday Autos and similar won't accept cash , nor debit cards , for fuel and waiver charges ;
as it happens , between the wife and myself , we don't own a credit card ;
any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated , thanks in advance !
get one as it will get harder in the long run
Old Jun 13th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Can hire cars from Malaga airport with debit card, cash in euros or sterling, just pm me
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Picked up a car at Goldcar Malaga on Wednesday using my UK Bank Debit card. Thought I would try my Spanish bank card as I had transferred funds into it but they didn't want to know.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Picked up a car at Goldcar Malaga Airport on Wednesday using my UK Bank Debit card. Thought I would try my Spanish bank card as I had transferred funds into it but they didn't want to know that one.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:40 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Go into the Jet2.com office, ask for Richard or Christine Cox, tell them Ian sent you and that they may be able to point you in the right direction. Richard is station manager and also my old man. He'll be able to find someone to help you.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 4:44 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Why bother with the ....Tell em Rocky Sent You..... When you can get one of these top it up with cash and it works just the same as any mastercard credit card.......Without going into debt and there are no credit checks.

Here....................... http://www.thesunprepaid.co.uk/

Or if you have lots of cabbage like me you may by invitation get one of these

http://www.coutts.com/productsandservices/worldcard.asp Your personnel banker arranges everything for you and you pick your car up at your Hotel/Airport therefore you do not have to mingle with the masses.

The best of luck

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jun 13th 2008 at 5:16 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Why bother with the ....Tell em Rocky Sent You..... When you can get one of these top it up with cash and it works just the same as any mastercard credit card.......Without going into debt and there are no credit checks.

Here....................... http://www.thesunprepaid.co.uk/

Or if you have lots of cabbage like me you may by invitation get one of these

http://www.coutts.com/productsandservices/worldcard.asp Your personnel banker arranges everything for you and you pick your car up at your Hotel/Airport therefore you do not have to mingle with the masses.

The best of luck
You Can not use Pre Paid cards for Car Hire !!!, trust me, they are one up on that from a long time ago, only certain pre paid cards are allowed, they will just get refused at the time you use it.

the ones that allow it will ask you to put a fair whack of money into cover any chance of it going overdrawn, the account will also have to be reviewed which means you will be asked to verify your ID as just one of the steps, also you can still go into debt with a pre paid card if that is the way you are inclined to be

I dont often jump on posts but it does say in the Tuxedo terms on the Sun site that it will refused when used for car hire - To Quote exact words from sun site "Your Card may also not be accepted for the hire of a car. "

If you have done it posh&bucks then please share it, but dont get peoples hopes up, I dont see any advantage of a pre paid card, everything you buy has a surcharge, for instance ryaniair flights are surcharge upto £8 on a pre paid M/C

I see only adavantages for pre paid cards for guys cheating on there wives, hiding what they have been spending

Last edited by andyrich666; Jun 13th 2008 at 5:49 pm.