Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

looking for a boat

looking for a boat

Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:26 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default looking for a boat

Just wondered if anyone was thinking of selling a boat. I have looked on lots of websites, but I just wondered if anyone is relocating to UK and needs to sell their boat. We are looking for 10 to 12 meters, diesel engines ( preferable 2 but 1 is OK too) We prefer Rodman, Stafisher, Faeton Moraga type, but will consider others. We are willing to travel to other parts of Spain to view. I am quite new to this website and I find it very helpful and friendly, keep up the good work, peeps. Have a nice day
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:52 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for a boat

Originally Posted by me me
Just wondered if anyone was thinking of selling a boat. I have looked on lots of websites, but I just wondered if anyone is relocating to UK and needs to sell their boat. We are looking for 10 to 12 meters, diesel engines ( preferable 2 but 1 is OK too) We prefer Rodman, Stafisher, Faeton Moraga type, but will consider others. We are willing to travel to other parts of Spain to view. I am quite new to this website and I find it very helpful and friendly, keep up the good work, peeps. Have a nice day
They are not allowed to advertise them on here anyway (rule 9), there is a classifieds forum especially for sales etc.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:18 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Just look around the marinas. With diesel prices up again, there are a few twin engined boats for sale in my marina and I guess you should find plenty to choose from in other marinas too. It used to be said that the Western end of the Algarve was a good place to look as many brits got that far "heading home" but finally didnt fancy making the leap round the corner so left the boat there and put it up for sale.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:27 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
They are not allowed to advertise them on here anyway (rule 9), there is a classifieds forum especially for sales etc.
Sorry about my post, I did not think......
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Just look around the marinas. With diesel prices up again, there are a few twin engined boats for sale in my marina and I guess you should find plenty to choose from in other marinas too. It used to be said that the Western end of the Algarve was a good place to look as many brits got that far "heading home" but finally didnt fancy making the leap round the corner so left the boat there and put it up for sale.
Thanks for the advice, we have tired that, but there is no way of telling if the boats in the marinas are petrol or diesel, and lots of the contact phone numbers are unavailable. Some are brokers, which we do not wat to go through because there is a big hike in price and as they are only brokers, they wash their hands if any problems occur.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

You wont find many 10 to 12 metre cruisers with petrol engines. And a good way to find out more is to leave your own note on the pullpit or pushpit of a boat if advertised as for sale in a marina. Alternatively if a boat has a se vende or for sale sign on it, the marina office may even give you the name and number of the owner to contact them.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by El Capitan
You wont find many 10 to 12 metre cruisers with petrol engines. And a good way to find out more is to leave your own note on the pullpit or pushpit of a boat if advertised as for sale in a marina. Alternatively if a boat has a se vende or for sale sign on it, the marina office may even give you the name and number of the owner to contact them.
We thought the same as you about the amount of cruisers with petrol engines. You would be surprised at the amount of boats with petrol engines, most of the imported ones, and American Bayliner, monterrey, Etc are nearly all petrol. We have been looking for a while now. A lot of the boats with a for sale sign on are impossible to read as the signs have faded with the weather, and a lot of the phone numbers are not in use anymore. As for asking in maria office, the only contact number they have is usually the same as is advertised on the boat. I am looking on internet and we have travelled to see various boats. It it quite difficult getting the true age out of the owner, so when you actually see the boat you realise that it is older than stated. This can be quite frustrating if you have made a long journey to see a particular boat. That is why I thought that asking for what type of boat I wanted might be a better idea. I have looked in the classifeids section of this site but cannot find any boats