Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Looking for Belgians

Looking for Belgians

Old Jun 27th 2018, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Luz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the rough
Default Looking for Belgians

Any Belgians watching the football tomorrow night? If so where? Looking for some atmosphere.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future
Default Re: Looking for Belgians

Originally Posted by Luz liver
Any Belgians watching the football tomorrow night? If so where? Looking for some atmosphere.
Won't be there myself, back in blighty, but we have watched a few games in La Cabra down near the beach, nice big bar,
several large TV's, excellent food and cold beers, always had a good night and great atmosphere.

Ken
Old Jun 27th 2018, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Message johnbxl on here
Old Jun 27th 2018, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Won't be there myself, back in blighty, but we have watched a few games in La Cabra down near the beach, nice big bar,
several large TV's, excellent food and cold beers, always had a good night and great atmosphere.

Ken
And a table of Belgians at the back.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Jon BX and his wife will be watching the game so that’s 2 for starters. Dr Juan Paul will be with them and Jon has found other Belgians who live on Esuri as well so there could be quite a few wherever they decide to set up base camp!
Old Jun 28th 2018, 6:04 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

Jon BX and his wife will be watching the game so that’s 2 for starters. Dr Juan Paul will be with them and Jon has found other Belgians who live on Esuri as well so there could be quite a few wherever they decide to set up base camp!
I am in a 'mixed mode' re the game. England and Belgium are my 2 top teams. Living in Belgium, makes me a firm supporter!

Thank goodness both teams are through.. so no one will drop out tonight!! However in this case, having to choose, I will pick my country of birth! And have a great laugh! I am in the process of getting my Brit friends together to go there.

No firm plans have been made yet. I have contacted the one CE Belgian person we know well to meet at the La Cabra 2 as there are other Belgians in Isla Canela - who go to the bar. They've been there with me for all the previous BE games. I have their details and will contact them today. I heard that there were 4 at the shop at the last game, but I (sadly) don't know them.. yet. If anyone knows them please ask them to make contact.

La Cabra will normally also have a good England contingent. So hopefully we can have a bit of inter-team banter. Whilst I personally prefer to have the English commentary for an England game and the half time banter with Linneker, Shearer etc this time I am more-than-happy to be at La Cabra. As Ken says its got a great HDTV and ambiance. We watched the last England game with a group of friends at Johns bar in MonteG with BBC on the TV - and got SIX goals!!. We watched England earlier with a group of friends at La Cabra 2 and had a great time too..

The best place for me in Ayamonte however is the Museum in plazita Leon Ortega. Great HDTV, out in the open fresh air... and heaving when Spain plays. Get there at least 1 hour early when Spain are playing. For the last game we were there an hour early and only just got seats. They were slightly outside, but with a large HD screen it was great. There are other TV's inside as well... so if you are going for a 'comfort break' and have to wait a bit, there is a TV above the entry to the loos! This is our favourite square in Ayamonte and a great Spanish buzz as well at all times. Even better during the World Cup and Euros

So I am trying to get a group together for La Cabra 2 tonight and will probably be there. Again get there early, nab a good table and have a pre-game drink. They have multiple TV's if the lounge is full.

The Golf Club had a good crowd at the last game.... so that should be good... BUT.... unless they have made special arrangements (I don't know) be aware that they close at 10pm, and someone posted that at 9:45 they wouldn't serve. Shame. Its nice to have a post game drink and relax and chat about the game.

I am delighted that all of my 5 teams are through to the next round! England, Belgium, Spain, Portugal and France. We watch the PT games there at the Campesino (or the Benfica club VRSA), the ESP games at the plazita. France better buck their ideas up for the next game - the last was the worst I saw so far!

My poor suffering BH will therefore have to live with my footy addiction a bit longer. She arrived yesterday after giving me 2 'alone' weeks to go crazy!!!

COME ON ENGLAND! (and Belgium )

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 28th 2018 at 6:53 am.
Old Jun 28th 2018, 8:19 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like there will be a reasonable CE crowd in Laguna tonight. At the Barricata.

So for once we will split and I will be there with 'the Belgians' in La Cabra. There will be a minimum of 6 (if everyone turns up). There will also (I am sure) be an English crowd. But as of yet, no-one that I know well. I will be sitting with the Belgians but looking very English in my gear! The odd one out! (Not for the first time )

Jon
Old Jun 28th 2018, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Luz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the rough

Well, good luck to both teams. I watched half an hour of the Brazil game in the CE clubhouse last night. Only half an hour because there was nobody else watching.
Old Jun 29th 2018, 9:42 am
BE Positive

Well, good luck to both teams. I watched half an hour of the Brazil game in the CE clubhouse last night. Only half an hour because there was nobody else watching.
You should have come to La Cabra it was fun..... (I'm guessing you weren't there)

Jon
Old Jun 29th 2018, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

the final race of the Volvo Ocean Race was way more interesting then this whole (played by over paid slackers) called world cup soccer IMHO
Old Jun 30th 2018, 6:30 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by bitmanev
the final race of the Volvo Ocean Race was way more interesting then this whole (played by over paid slackers) called world cup soccer IMHO
Different strokes.....