Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish relocation for US National with UK right-to-remain indefinite stay visa

Spanish relocation for US National with UK right-to-remain indefinite stay visa

Old Jun 29th 2018, 10:35 am
Just Joined

thelittlebrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Spanish relocation for US National with UK right-to-remain indefinite stay visa

Hello! My US husband and I are considering a move to mainland Spain in a year or two. I can only find info about how I, as a Brit, can access the Spanish health service. Would my US husband,.who has an indefinite stay/right to remain visa in the UK, be eligible too? We suspect not, but would like to ask advice.

Many thanks!

Claire and John
Old Jun 29th 2018, 11:15 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish relocation for US National with UK right-to-remain indefinite stay visa

If you are planning on leaving the UK then your husband should naturalise as a British citizen. His ILR will expire after two years outside of the UK.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 10:49 am
Just Joined

thelittlebrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spanish relocation for US National with UK right-to-remain indefinite stay visa

Many thanks!