Reload this Page >

Long term airport parking at Alicante

Long term airport parking at Alicante

Old Jan 17th 2011, 11:46 am
Just Joined

StuartSheppard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long term airport parking at Alicante

Hi All,
I am thinking of using Global Car Centre parking at the airport for long term parking as it allows me to come and go whenever I need to and is in walking distance to the terminal building.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or can suggest reliable alternatives?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of
Default Re: Long term airport parking at Alicante

Originally Posted by StuartSheppard
Hi All,
I am thinking of using Global Car Centre parking at the airport for long term parking as it allows me to come and go whenever I need to and is in walking distance to the terminal building.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or can suggest reliable alternatives?
I've used Klaus cars a couple of times and never had a problem.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

tim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant future

Hi All,
I go here:
http://www.newparking.es/home.html
You can't walk to the terminal but they have a bus and they've never kept me waiting.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by reggiedh
I've used Klaus cars a couple of times and never had a problem.
I did look at them but they have no 1 year parking available so have started a waitling list. Unfortunately I need to have a space soon.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tim1963
I go here:
http://www.newparking.es/home.html
You can't walk to the terminal but they have a bus and they've never kept me waiting.
Thanks for this suggestion I will have a look here as well.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Kayak is an unknown quantity at this point

Be careful, only two car parks are fully licensed by the town hall. Ascars is one and I can't remember the other.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:11 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kayak
Be careful, only two car parks are fully licensed by the town hall. Ascars is one and I can't remember the other.
Well Claus is right next door to Ascars. They have just instigated undercover indoor parking so you'd hope they were licenced for it

There are so many off airport parking places there, the airport would have a major problem (at the moment) if they tried to close any of them, as there is no where else to put the cars
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

I park in Benidorm & get the bus (free parking, 8e each way).
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

montgo is an unknown quantity at this point

I parked in Global for about 7 years on an annual contract, it got more derelict each time I returned there and there was no security with holes in the fence where crooks crawled through, the last straw came when I arrived back from the UK about 3 years ago.

The car park looked like a breakers yard, there was at least 45 cars all vandalised, many with all their wheels, batteries and radios missing, also engine and other parts had been stolen, most had smashed windows. Global wasn't interested in helping any of the vehicle owners.

I have now used Aquacars for the last 3 years, they are 100% reliable with a locked clean parking area and 24 hour security.

I must admit that when I passed Global a few weeks ago it looked if it has been smartened-up but I defininitly wouldnt trust them again.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by montgo
I parked in Global for about 7 years on an annual contract, it got more derelict each time I returned there and there was no security with holes in the fence where crooks crawled through, the last straw came when I arrived back from the UK about 3 years ago.

The car park looked like a breakers yard, there was at least 45 cars all vandalised, many with all their wheels, batteries and radios missing, also engine and other parts had been stolen, most had smashed windows. Global wasn't interested in helping any of the vehicle owners.

I have now used Aquacars for the last 3 years, they are 100% reliable with a locked clean parking area and 24 hour security.

I must admit that when I passed Global a few weeks ago it looked if it has been smartened-up but I defininitly wouldnt trust them again.
Thanks for that, I think I shall be looking a little further afield then, all we want is a safe place to leave the car between trips.
The last thing you need is to get back and find it smashed up and unusable.
It's amazing how many car parking firms there are in the airport area now. The hard thing is finding one to trust.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:50 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, I think I shall be looking a little further afield then, all we want is a safe place to leave the car between trips.
The last thing you need is to get back and find it smashed up and unusable.
It's amazing how many car parking firms there are in the airport area now. The hard thing is finding one to trust.
Welll .... in that case I would recommend Victoria car parking. I used them for a few years, but changed because short term parking was cheaper with Claus. They are a well established well known company, in conjunction with Victoria Car Hire of course

http://www.victoria-parking.com/
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Welll .... in that case I would recommend Victoria car parking. I used them for a few years, but changed because short term parking was cheaper with Claus. They are a well established well known company, in conjunction with Victoria Car Hire of course

http://www.victoria-parking.com/
Thanks I will have a look at them too.
Flying over next weekend to sort it out and then leave the car for the first time.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 10:19 am
Just Joined

montgo is an unknown quantity at this point

Stuart

After my experience at Global I moved to Aquacarparking, they have a fully tarmacked and secure site with their office, manned 24/7 on site, if you notify them in advance of your arrival they have your car washed and ready for you at no extra cost, their charges are competitive with others.

They are no more than 1kl from the terminal and run a mini bus service to/from, we always find their staff pleasant and helpful, we have never had any problem when phoning them from the terminal, I only wish we had used them in the past rather than waste money on Global.

I highly recommend them.

They are on <[email protected]>
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by montgo
Stuart

After my experience at Global I moved to Aquacarparking, they have a fully tarmacked and secure site with their office, manned 24/7 on site, if you notify them in advance of your arrival they have your car washed and ready for you at no extra cost, their charges are competitive with others.

They are no more than 1kl from the terminal and run a mini bus service to/from, we always find their staff pleasant and helpful, we have never had any problem when phoning them from the terminal, I only wish we had used them in the past rather than waste money on Global.

I highly recommend them.

They are on <[email protected]>
Thanks Montgo,

I have sent them an e-mail, having looked on google maps they seem close to the airport so hopefully they will have some spaces left.
A couple have replied saying they are full at this time but run a waiting list.
Here's hoping thay have space then.