Reload this Page >

Location Location Location

Location Location Location

Old Aug 13th 2018, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Claireegg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Location Location Location

Hi All
We are looking to buy in Spain in the coming year or so with a view to moving permenantly in a few years time. Our main criteria is the following:
Near golf courses (for hubby)
Walking distance to a beach (for me)
Lively all year round (love to people watch)
Not too far from airport (Alicante preferably)
Ideally we would like to not have a car so walking distance to most things, although its not a deal breaker

Any suggestions would be great so we can narrow down areas and plan some visits.
Thanks so much
Claire
Old Aug 13th 2018, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location Location Location

Originally Posted by Claireegg
Hi All
We are looking to buy in Spain in the coming year or so with a view to moving permenantly in a few years time. Our main criteria is the following:
Near golf courses (for hubby)
Walking distance to a beach (for me)
Lively all year round (love to people watch)
Not too far from airport (Alicante preferably)
Ideally we would like to not have a car so walking distance to most things, although its not a deal breaker

Any suggestions would be great so we can narrow down areas and plan some visits.
Thanks so much
Claire
If you look further south try San Pedro de Alcantara will tick all your boxes. Malaga a far better airport in every sense than Alicante.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
If you look further south try San Pedro de Alcantara will tick all your boxes. Malaga a far better airport in every sense than Alicante.

looked at at that resort, looks great but a bit too expensive
Old Aug 13th 2018, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks.looks amazing, but out of our price range sadly
Old Aug 15th 2018, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Why not look at Alfaz/Albir area.Great transport links,beaches,shops,plenty going on all year being so close to Benidorm.Quite sure there will be a golf course handy but sorry not my interest so leave that for someone else to tell you where even if you have to go up the coast a bit.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Altea is nice.Don't know about golf though. Near Malaga is Mijas pueblo and Mijas Playa. Lots of golf courses but may be pricy. Pizzara and Alora can be reached from Malaga. Might be cheaper
Old Aug 16th 2018, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claireegg
Thanks.looks amazing, but out of our price range sadly
Torrevieja?
Golf courses around the Torrevieja area

Guardamar?
https://en.leadingcourses.com/europe...ura/clubs.html

What's your budget?
Old Aug 17th 2018, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

Anytime I see the words "Location, Location, Location" I see a born again home-grown fool (no offence meant). Spain has brought many expats to their knees without breaking sweat. If you wish to buy in Expensive Property Spain, off you go but pay the price later.

It appears you wish to maintain a property in the UK and one in Spain near a golf course, airport, beach and with good access to Alicante Airport. Fortunately, you have choices in which you appear to be unaware. Throw in the necessity of rental while you are not using the Spanish property (just my guess, but an option that can make later life that bit easier). Don't be afraid to share; many people here rent out their property in the UK and Spain.

I can pinpoint several areas along the coast from Murcia region to Gibraltar to suit you. We live in Mojacar Playa along with loads of Brits who have made it their final destination after initially purchasing elsewhere. The prices are cheaper than many areas along the coast. The resort is low rise and now mainly Spanish after years of English being the most prolific language heard. The area has come along from being a one horse trick say thirty years ago and especially over the past two years where lots of local development occurred, the promenade has just been extended, a new cliff walk towards Macenas has been hewn from cliffs, the addition of several hotels, a good local bus service, 45 minutes drive from Almeria Airport, 60 minutes to the new Corvera Airport (opening near Murcia next January). The fast speed rail link between Alicante Airport is laid, tunnels built but will not see trains carrying passengers before 2023 (despite what some real estate agents say). The shuttle service to Alicante Airport currently takes 2 hours. Mojacar Playa is indicative of Spain rising out of recession.

I live there, so I would say the foregoing. You have plenty of choice, choose wisely and leave room for a dignified retreat if necessary.If you decide to buy employ a solicitor to act solely for you and not share the real estate agent's or vendor's solicitor.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

aidan1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunstech
If you want to buy real estate in Spain you have to know the region ))) I lived near Valencia for 3 years and now in Marbella for 1 year and it's like completely 2 different Spain First of all the weather is different, beaches are different even water in a tap is different. From all the criteria you mentioned the best will be Malaga area in general. Here are the best golf fields, beaches and airport is very close. See Fuengirola, Estepona, Mijas areas on Tranio website... Maybe some houses will look nice for you.
without wishing to highjack this I've been looking at Marbella for a while and although the time isn't right for me to buy I'd love your feedback on living there. Do you mind me asking where abouts you are and what you live in and how you find it please. looked at some urbanizations but always put off by noise from neighbours and risk of holiday makers partying next door all summer
Old Aug 31st 2018, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aidan1980
without wishing to highjack this I've been looking at Marbella for a while and although the time isn't right for me to buy I'd love your feedback on living there. Do you mind me asking where abouts you are and what you live in and how you find it please. looked at some urbanizations but always put off by noise from neighbours and risk of holiday makers partying next door all summer
Best ( only ? ) way to find the right area that suits you is to spend time there exploring at different times of the year. The stretch from Guadalmina to Cabopino offers loads of options and you can research in advance through such sites as Idealista.com before spending time with the numerous agents there are. Personal preference is for the area around Elviria which offers plenty of good properties, good infrastructure, excellent hospital, is a short drive into Marbella itself and has easy access to the motorway if you want to get to Malaga. Beaches such as Cabopino are excellent but do get very crowded in August , as does the whole region.
Old Sep 1st 2018, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Best ( only ? ) way to find the right area that suits you is to spend time there exploring at different times of the year. The stretch from Guadalmina to Cabopino offers loads of options and you can research in advance through such sites as Idealista.com before spending time with the numerous agents there are. Personal preference is for the area around Elviria which offers plenty of good properties, good infrastructure, excellent hospital, is a short drive into Marbella itself and has easy access to the motorway if you want to get to Malaga. Beaches such as Cabopino are excellent but do get very crowded in August , as does the whole region.
understand all that, we're set on Marbella town, within an hour walk to the centre so will probably end up up the hill behind the motorway. been for many walks round all the residential areas to try and get an initial feel for the areas. I watch Marbella FC as well when I can. I just like to hear people's experiences as well, nothing wrong with gathering as much info from as many different sources as possible
Old Sep 7th 2018, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sunstech
Don't go to Dama da Noche area )))) this is horrible, it's pretty with gardens and security close to Puerto Banus but party people all over during summer )))
I would recommend Urb. Pinos Nagueles, Costa Nagueles, Hacienda de Nagueles. They all in Marbella itself with swimming pools but quiet. And of course Sierra Blanca area, it's beautiful.
Thanks for the reply, going again on Wednesday so will look about those areas, always mainly looked around the other side of the motorway up the hill, as you say, marvelous area sierra blanca. do you find the build quality generally good to keep noise down to a minimum? that's the one thing putting me off a townhouse or apartment, as it works both ways and I may rent it out a bit and would hate the potential noise effecting neighbours as well as potential noise doing our heads in