Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Loans for Everybody

Loans for Everybody

Old May 12th 2006, 9:39 am
  #16  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
mitzipurr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 584
mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Loans for Everybody

Originally Posted by Mourinho
I don't think it is a simple sum as you suggest , an amount of money whatever the total has been made available , they can only have a vague idea of number of people who will need to take the offer of a loan and how much they will borrow .

As i said it will not only be illegal homes who will have to pay the fines and for urbanisation , those legal homes not urbanised wil have to pay for services to be installed and for extensions , buildings erected without permission, so i suggest the number of homes affected will be well in advance of 20000 homes .
I find it hard to believe that people are going to have to borrow money in order to make the property they have bought in good faith and paid 7% IVA on legal. Who will this fine be paid to?
mitzipurr is offline  
Old May 12th 2006, 10:00 am
  #17  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,907
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Loans for Everybody

Hi Mourinho and all,

I have been following this thread with growing interest.

The situation in Chiclana appears to be not too different to a property developed on an un-adopted road in UK. The property will be legal in the sense that it has planning permission and connection to the services but will be disadvantaged because the road and services are not up to standard.

Whenever a local Authority makes a resolution to bring the facilities up to standard an outcry arises due to the cost of paving the road, installing proper drainage for foul and surface water, providing street lighting, under grounding water, gas, electricity,telephone and buying the bits and bobs of land to make all this possible. This falls heaviest on the elderly and they may be forced to taking a charge on their house to pay their share.

That the Spanish local authority should team up with a mortgage bank to offer low cost long term loans is not such a bad thing if by providing the proper infrastructure the houses can be Urbanised and therefore made "legal".

It also strikes me that anyone who bought a property in a semi legal area, and has the works done to gain a fully legalised property, stands to see a pretty good capital appreciation over the medium term.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by Mourinho
I don't think it is a simple sum as you suggest , an amount of money whatever the total has been made available , they can only have a vague idea of number of people who will need to take the offer of a loan and how much they will borrow .

As i said it will not only be illegal homes who will have to pay the fines and for urbanisation , those legal homes not urbanised wil have to pay for services to be installed and for extensions , buildings erected without permission, so i suggest the number of homes affected will be well in advance of 20000 homes .
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old May 12th 2006, 10:52 am
  #18  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
mitzipurr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 584
mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Loans for Everybody

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Mourinho and all,

I have been following this thread with growing interest.

The situation in Chiclana appears to be not too different to a property developed on an un-adopted road in UK. The property will be legal in the sense that it has planning permission and connection to the services but will be disadvantaged because the road and services are not up to standard.

Whenever a local Authority makes a resolution to bring the facilities up to standard an outcry arises due to the cost of paving the road, installing proper drainage for foul and surface water, providing street lighting, under grounding water, gas, electricity,telephone and buying the bits and bobs of land to make all this possible. This falls heaviest on the elderly and they may be forced to taking a charge on their house to pay their share.

That the Spanish local authority should team up with a mortgage bank to offer low cost long term loans is not such a bad thing if by providing the proper infrastructure the houses can be Urbanised and therefore made "legal".

It also strikes me that anyone who bought a property in a semi legal area, and has the works done to gain a fully legalised property, stands to see a pretty good capital appreciation over the medium term.

Regards,

John.
Just to put the record straight.
Most new builds in Chiclana outside urbanized areas have been built without planning permission and are not connected to any services. Instead they rely on illegal water wells, septic tanks and a lot have a dodgy electric supply. I agree that urbinazation would be very beneficial to all these people but I cannot see how Chiclana town hall can accomplish this task with the workforce they have.
mitzipurr is offline  
Old May 12th 2006, 11:00 am
  #19  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
mitzipurr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 584
mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Loans for Everybody

Originally Posted by Mourinho
The average cost of being urbanised is 6000 euros , that a lot of money for locals to find hence the loans offer , you will need to pay to be urbanised even if your house is legal . work contines in Bateria Colorado , Veguetas , recent announcement that Rana Verde and then Marquesado will be next over next two years .

I do not know about Veguetas but I think you will find that a revolt against urbinazation is being staged by the residents of Bateria Colorado due to the cost of same.
mitzipurr is offline  
Old May 12th 2006, 8:38 pm
  #20  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,907
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loans for Everybody

Hi mitzepurr,

Just as happens in UK when adoptions proposals are made. Petitions to MP's, local ward councillors and county councillors and letters to the area newspaper about the fecklessness of the profligate local council. However that is the way the English Law is framed, designed to avoid the mass of ratepayers carrying the costs of making good the defects of a smaller number whose initial costs were lower since they did not have to pay for the infrastructure that is now being provided.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by mitzipurr
I do not know about Veguetas but I think you will find that a revolt against urbinazation is being staged by the residents of Bateria Colorado due to the cost of same.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; May 12th 2006 at 8:45 pm.
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old May 12th 2006, 10:31 pm
  #21  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
mitzipurr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 584
mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Loans for Everybody

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi mitzepurr,

Just as happens in UK when adoptions proposals are made. Petitions to MP's, local ward councillors and county councillors and letters to the area newspaper about the fecklessness of the profligate local council. However that is the way the English Law is framed, designed to avoid the mass of ratepayers carrying the costs of making good the defects of a smaller number whose initial costs were lower since they did not have to pay for the infrastructure that is now being provided.

Regards,

John.

What the residents of Bateria Colarado are complaining about is that the council have allocated the work of urbinization to private contractors. They residents have told the council that they will do the urbinization them selves for a lot less money.
mitzipurr is offline  
Old May 12th 2006, 11:36 pm
  #22  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,907
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Loans for Everybody

Hi mitzipurr,

That is exactly the arguement made by similar cases in UK. However if the road and infrastructure is to be adopted and maintained into the future by the council then the council reserve the right to set the layout standard and the specification for materials used.

If you then take that specification and put it out to tender to bonafide experienced highway contractors you find that the prices are of the same magnitude.

My concern within your statement would be the word "allocated". If it has not been tendered and just offered to the Highways Chairmans favourite contractor or placed as measured work on a "Term Contract" then you can guareentee that it will be expensive and have fat profit margins for the favoured contractor

Of course this should not happen because EU rules insist that public works should be put out to tender and the best VFM chosen.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by mitzipurr
What the residents of Bateria Colarado are complaining about is that the council have allocated the work of urbinization to private contractors. They residents have told the council that they will do the urbinization them selves for a lot less money.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; May 12th 2006 at 11:39 pm.
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old May 13th 2006, 12:12 am
  #23  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 209
Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice
Default Re: Loans for Everybody

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
I find it hard to believe that people are going to have to borrow money in order to make the property they have bought in good faith and paid 7% IVA on legal. Who will this fine be paid to?
The fine will be a retrospective planning consent fee , in the past the fine has been less than going through the right channels thus causing incentive to bypass planning , this recently changed when council stipulated fines for unauthorised building must be more than going the legal route . I can only echo Johns comments comparing it to English procedure .

Surely if your paying 100s of 000 £'s for a house you don't rely on good faith ? I don't what process you went thru , but we were told by our estate agent what was legal and not legal , at the initial pre contract contract we discovered the house had been extended without planning , as part of the contract of sale we made the sellers go thru the process of registering extra meterage , again we were told at the time of any urbanisation any un registered building would face a fine and we would have to pay for the urbanisation if and when it happend , we are in Pago and looking at present situation i reckon we've got another 10 years to wait at least .
Mourinho is offline  
Old May 13th 2006, 12:16 am
  #24  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 209
Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice
Default Re: Loans for Everybody

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
I do not know about Veguetas but I think you will find that a revolt against urbinazation is being staged by the residents of Bateria Colorado due to the cost of same.
I believe Veguetas is proposed because of an powerful individual who recently had a home built there , the loan scheme may be a result of revolt in B.C
Mourinho is offline  
Old May 15th 2006, 7:34 am
  #25  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 209
Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice
Default Re: Loans for Everybody

Further it says today that 10000 houses have been built in Chiclana in the last 5 years, and that over the last 10 years the numbers have doubled , doesn't say what the make up of illegals is thou !
Mourinho is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.