Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Living in Calpe

Living in Calpe

Old Dec 31st 2019, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Living in Calpe

I have been a fiscal resident in Spain for many years.No family left here now,grandchildren grown up so can please myself where I want to live as I am retired from my business as well.Thought of a change of scenery,thinking of Calpe.Rather fancy around La Calalga area if it isn't too hilly.Don't need a pool on a holiday complex,would like a few permanent residents around & near some shops as you have to think about getting(even) older! Any views??
Old Dec 31st 2019, 2:14 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Calpe

Calpe doesn't appeal to me, but if it takes your fancy why not? Having lived here for many years you will be as familiar as I on the pitfalls to avoid.

In your position I would maybe rent an apartment and check out the infrastructure i.e. nearest shops, bars, public transport and medical facilities. What hobbies do you enjoy and will these be available close by?
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi dougal03 the area you talk of is just outside the town.If you are between the coast and the road it is reasonable flat the other side of the road everything is uphill. there are shops and bars on the coast road i don't think there is a supermarket?there is everything you could want in calpe very busy in the summer hard to park.I don't mind short visits to the town but not over keen If you visit i would recommend you drive about for an hour just to see the area, it would give you a good feel of the place.I would also recommend a short drive along the coast to moraira a great little town also Benissa,senija,teulada,and the jalon valley.Over all the whole area i think is nice.Good luck
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

As el collado kid has said, the area you mentioned is just on the way out of Calpe so is starting to get a bit hilly, on the main coast road there are some bars and restaurants as well as a small supermarket and hardware store, just down the road 150 to 200 meters you have a massive just Refurbished Mercadona and more or less opposite a Consum so you wont go hungry.

The area is of course much quieter in winter but there's still plenty of people about, we are just up the road on the coast and this is the busiest Christmas I can remember in 11 years.

It's depends what you like or want, as you go out the town the apartments are generally replaced by villas, again, as has been said, take some time to have a look around, there are some really lovely places about in the area