Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Liquids through customs.

Liquids through customs.

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Liquids through customs.

Leaving Spain with two kids drinks and feeds.

1.5 ltr bottle of fruitjuice/water.
Small childs drink cup.
Two babies bottles filled with water ready for milk powder to be added.
Are they for the children ?
Yes
OK then.

Stansted.

put all liquids in bags ready for inspection.
Same as above list.
Are they for the babies ?
Yes.
You can`t take all that, just the cups and feed bottles and open and taste each one for me.

Fair enough, but why do they stop water going on and allow lighters and inhalers onboard with the same passengers ?
They didn`t test the milk powder to see if it was explosive either.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:45 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Liquids through customs.

Originally Posted by jdr

Small childs drink cup.
Yes
OK then.

Stansted.

Same as above list.
Yes.
You can`t take all that, just the cups and feed bottles and open and taste each one for me.

Fair enough, but why do they stop water going on and allow lighters and inhalers onboard with the same passengers ?
spain - common sense

uk -I'll let you decide for yourself
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:48 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr

Small childs drink cup.
Yes
OK then.

Stansted.

Same as above list.
Yes.

Your going to see all gas been stop soon so no lights on board , no need to heat the milk with your lighter
think was Fort Myers may mates where traveling and this happened
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

We flew with Ryanair from Liverpool to Santiago and back in August... we took home-made sandwiches and bottles of pop and bottles of water through departures and nobody said anything to us in either country and we were allowed on board without any problem.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:43 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebsyW
We flew with Ryanair from Liverpool to Santiago and back in August... we took home-made sandwiches and bottles of pop and bottles of water through departures and nobody said anything to us in either country and we were allowed on board without any problem.
Food is never a problem, we always take sandwiches, and you can take any amount of liquids if you bought them AFTER the security check.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Food is never a problem, we always take sandwiches, and you can take any amount of liquids if you bought them AFTER the security check.
We didn`t buy them after the security check... we bought them BEFORE the security check or brought them with us from home.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 6:45 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

We didn`t buy them after the security check... we bought them BEFORE the security check or brought them with us from home.
some one going to get a ass kicked in that airport that one big security fack up
Old Oct 5th 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jurdyr
some one going to get a ass kicked in that airport that one big security fack up
We went through with a bottles of pop from home and homemade butties

My OH virtually had to strip for the checks... shoes off, belt off, he looked like a vagabond... I sailed through. I could`ve had anything hidden.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:15 pm
Banned

We went through with a bottles of pop from home and homemade butties

My OH virtually had to strip for the checks... shoes off, belt off, he looked like a vagabond... I sailed through. I could`ve had anything hidden.
god wait one papers are media company get hold off this one
fack i work for one companys , but in the IT/transmission side off think

what next , have brought old 80 cm dishes with me flight cases cds on board computers seen cats and dogs on board
Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

For a while at the back end of last year, Stansted was hopeless. They'd make you virtually strip off, but no-one would ever be checking the monitors - too busy chatting or passing around the Quality Street.

Got so silly, I even thought of writing to complain, but clearly someone else got in first because there was suddenly a big change and now everyone's more serious. For now, at least...
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

toyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud of

I’m sure others on here have seen many apparent security breaches that ‘they’ ignore, when you yourself get stripped virtually naked for no obvious reason.

I wouldn’t mind the extreme treatment and wasted time if it made for safer flying, but clearly it means nothing when they arbitrarily select people to give the once-over, and yet others make the security gate beep and just walk on unchallenged.

It is certainly a farce that does not make me feel any safer. The inconsistencies are a nonsense that they constantly claim they will address and yet never do.

If we carried out our day-to-day jobs like that we’d probably be disciplined or sacked.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Food items can be taken off you at security. A friend of mine had his tuna and cucumber sandwich confiscated with no explanation.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by toyboy23
I’m sure others on here have seen many apparent security breaches that ‘they’ ignore, when you yourself get stripped virtually naked for no obvious reason.

I wouldn’t mind the extreme treatment and wasted time if it made for safer flying, but clearly it means nothing when they arbitrarily select people to give the once-over, and yet others make the security gate beep and just walk on unchallenged.

It is certainly a farce that does not make me feel any safer. The inconsistencies are a nonsense that they constantly claim they will address and yet never do.

If we carried out our day-to-day jobs like that we’d probably be disciplined or sacked.

Food items can be taken off you at security. A friend of mine had his tuna and cucumber sandwich confiscated with no explanation.
I believe you... it may have helped if he had sliced the cucumber though instead of leaving it whole.

It`s all madness and depends on which `jobsworth` is on duty at the time. We poor passangers don`t know whether we are coming or going without an Absolute Rule at every airport!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:45 pm
Banned

fly thought dublin airport on rote to west off ireland ..... had to pick up my bag and recheck in again was told take off shoses belts and any metel you have on ...... laptop to take out bags the Q was 40 mins long and thay did every one in the Q ..... one guy was jumpping the Q tell every one that his flight was in 20 mins ,,, now had been up for 20 hours and wasnt the nice guy but when he ask me i say show me you ticket ..... why he ask , "Want to jump the Q pass me " he say he wait ... thought that he was Bulls**ting saw him at the bar down few beers , thought he was rushing for a flight .... cool one mmmm

made me rolf , A guy that i meet on airside is good freind off my and flights for one big airlines and in retraining for A380 so he flights alot to and from france and told him the story .... thing got lot better . Hary the polit said same guy did the same to him aswell ... you have to behave in airport are you going to get in to trouble ......

still think back we had so much fun ..... and again the story was told in the pub in galway to more mates ,i think his bag went back to where he start his travels from lol
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jurdyr
fly thought dublin airport on rote to west off ireland ..... had to pick up my bag and recheck in again was told take off shoses belts and any metel you have on ...... laptop to take out bags the Q was 40 mins long and thay did every one in the Q ..... one guy was jumpping the Q tell every one that his flight was in 20 mins ,,, now had been up for 20 hours and wasnt the nice guy but when he ask me i say show me you ticket ..... why he ask , "Want to jump the Q pass me " he say he wait ... thought that he was Bulls**ting saw him at the bar down few beers , thought he was rushing for a flight .... cool one mmmm

made me rolf , A guy that i meet on airside is good freind off my and flights for one big airlines and in retraining for A380 so he flights alot to and from france and told him the story .... thing got lot better . Hary the polit said same guy did the same to him aswell ... you have to behave in airport are you going to get in to trouble ......

still think back we had so much fun ..... and again the story was told in the pub in galway to more mates ,i think his bag went back to where he start his travels from lol
That is so true... one wrong word even in jest can get you off your flight, and at worst, arrested.