Old Jun 24th 2007, 1:06 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life is so short.

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
saves washing up

They get really soggy if you drop them in the sink
Old Jun 24th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I agree!
Matt oh Matt!

There I was trying to make people realise what a really nice chap you are, and you let me down!

Paper plates are ok, but I do find the Irish Stew seeps badly into the paper and makes them soggy
Sally
Old Jun 24th 2007, 5:29 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

we have a bit of a short list of either Mallorca or around Jerez.

The OH loves Jerez and the large amount of horses out there would make it easy for her to do something, but I would love to go to Mallorca, love the boat scene out there and I have friends there.

But......we are still very open. I would love to just do nothing, I cant so its wherever work looks likely.

I don't have the usual problems of language, and I know Spain well enough not to think its some kind of Utopia without issues.

Matt, haven't read further than this post so don't know what anyone else has said.

Jerez is a good choice as you have the horses and boats - Costa Ballena has a small but decent Marina. That area is also more affordable.

On the other hand, coming out with little collateral means you're going to have to work pretty soon after arriving and that might mean moving to the more touristy/expat strongholds until you get yourselves sorted. Alternatively spend a bit of time in the city - you should do alright in Madrid. Can you both speak Spanish or is it just you?

Madrid has the advantage of being able to get involved with Madrid Lions Rugby Club
Old Jun 24th 2007, 5:41 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Matt, haven't read further than this post so don't know what anyone else has said.

Jerez is a good choice as you have the horses and boats - Costa Ballena has a small but decent Marina. That area is also more affordable.

On the other hand, coming out with little collateral means you're going to have to work pretty soon after arriving and that might mean moving to the more touristy/expat strongholds until you get yourselves sorted. Alternatively spend a bit of time in the city - you should do alright in Madrid. Can you both speak Spanish or is it just you?

Madrid has the advantage of being able to get involved with Madrid Lions Rugby Club
Hi mate, to be honest I cant stand Madrid.
We will have a bit of money, and it doesn't really bother us not having a massive amount of money. My OH doesn't speak Spanish and the thought of being in a touristy area horrifies me!!

I have some contacts at the Sotogrande polo club so there may be a bit of work there, but as I said, we are coming for a years life change, not to make money.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 5:47 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mate, to be honest I cant stand Madrid.
We will have a bit of money, and it doesn't really bother us not having a massive amount of money. My OH doesn't speak Spanish and the thought of being in a touristy area horrifies me!!

I have some contacts at the Sotogrande polo club so there may be a bit of work there, but as I said, we are coming for a years life change, not to make money.

Sotogrande is not exactly cheap!!!!!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 5:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Sotogrande is not exactly cheap!!!!!
But there is work there
Old Jun 24th 2007, 5:54 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

we are coming for a years life change, not to make money.
So you´ll definitely be heading back to the Uk after one year? or is that to be decided when the time comes?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:02 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by keithwalters
So you´ll definitely be heading back to the Uk after one year? or is that to be decided when the time comes?
Who knows, all I really know is that we are coming to Spain, we have quite a few options regarding work and we are not governed by much more than the need to earn a living.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:10 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Who knows, all I really know is that we are coming to Spain, we have quite a few options regarding work and we are not governed by much more than the need to earn a living.
A year out is better than nothing. It will also give you plenty of "thinking" time for you both to decide on the future. Good luck Matt I hope everything works out for you both.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:17 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by sam parky
A year out is better than nothing. It will also give you plenty of "thinking" time for you both to decide on the future. Good luck Matt I hope everything works out for you both.
Cheers Sam.

I have always liked the idea of becoming a hippy.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:20 pm

Cheers Sam.

I have always liked the idea of becoming a hippy.

You mean you're not a hippy?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:24 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Come March he will be very "Happy"
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:34 pm
Straw Man.

I was more of a cross between a Goth and a raver when I was young, very juxtaposition I tell ya!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:37 pm

I was more of a cross between a Goth and a raver when I was young, very juxtaposition I tell ya!
This gives a clue to age then as you must be talking about 89,90, 91 - Stone Roses, Happy Mondays which gave you the advantage of looking grungy going to the club but able to Rave it up as well?????
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:38 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

This gives a clue to age then as you must be talking about 89,90, 91 - Stone Roses, Happy Mondays which gave you the advantage of looking grungy going to the club but able to Rave it up as well?????
The other really big clue to his age was on that other thread when he said he was 34.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.