Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Legal TV options in Spain

Legal TV options in Spain

Old Mar 29th 2013, 2:47 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal TV options in Spain

Originally Posted by Fred James
You can download films and TV series quite legally from the Internet.

I watched Skyfall the day it was released from iTunes. It cost £4.50 for a 48 hour rental. Perfect, full HD quality equivalent to a BluRay DVD. It was the same for Argo.

Most of the pirate copies are rubbish. I was given a pirate copy of Skyfall a couple of weeks earlier and it was unwatchable.

I can't wait for Lincoln and Les Mis when they come out.
Fred, I wouldn't expect anything different from you.

Like you I was brought up to pay my way for everything, this greedy "gimme gimme" and "its on the internet so it has to be free" attitude shows how some (or is it many ) people have become full of avarice in everything they do.

If a company makes a pricing mistake, fine, take advantage whilst the opportunity is there, but to actually spend all day every day trying to find ways around the blocks put on you.....

rgds
Old Mar 29th 2013, 2:51 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Agree or Between the Sheets as we used to call it. Would be tame by comparison to today though. Never see Neil Pearson on anything these days.
Between the Sheets -

considering NP was living with Siobhan Redmond at the time...............
Think he does alot of the small local theatres with plays, thats where you will find alot those who were in series at that time

`

Last edited by Domino; Mar 29th 2013 at 2:58 am.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
Ok so I've struggled through the thread about illegal rebroadcasters of UK TV getting shut down but can't see any suggestions about what people might do instead.
We currently have Canal+ We've had it over 5 years and its been excellent but it now costs around 70 euros per month and they have started shutting done some of the channels we like (Discovery for example)
We haven't missed UK TV at all, most of the best programmes seem to get picked up by Canal + anyway and we can watch them in english. We enjoy some programmes in spanish but wouldn't want all spanish TV.
So my question is - Are there any cheaper (legal) options out there? Could we keep using our Canal+ dish if we bought some kind of box or would we need a new ariel?

We use the normal free Spanish TV with a good aerial, the remote has a language button where many of the dubbed English speaking programmes inc discovery are broadcast in the original language.

Many of the Spanish news programmes have the dialogue written underneath, I find that helps with learning Spanish.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 3:03 am

Old Mar 29th 2013, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Spanish TDT offers a good service.What you'll need to get used to is a 7 minute ad break,then 2 lines of dialogue then off to another 7 minute break
The advert breaks are very long, we have limits in the UK on how long they can be, at least mostly they warn you how long they will be so you can turn over or make a cup of tea or whatever.

Talking of adverts, I think the Spanish are behind in how they are advertised to by the big corporates, not as sophisticated way of advertising that we get, maybe we have become more immune to it all over the years, harder to get through to. Lots of washing powder and keeping clean ads, expensive face creams and perfumes ads. My washing is whiter than yours and I smell better.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by casa del sol
The advert breaks are very long, we have limits in the UK on how long they can be, at least mostly they warn you how long they will be so you can turn over or make a cup of tea or whatever.

Talking of adverts, I think the Spanish are behind in how they are advertised to by the big corporates, not as sophisticated way of advertising that we get, maybe we have become more immune to it all over the years, harder to get through to. Lots of washing powder and keeping clean ads, expensive face creams and perfumes ads. My washing is whiter than yours and I smell better.
I think you will find that the Spanish advertising is really no longer than it is in the UK, just it is in 2 x 7min segments instead of 4 x 4 min segments.
You can get used to it and almost be ready to go and make the tea and a sandwich before it comes back.
However, it must be done by a timer as they will cut off in mid-sentence and when it comes back you have forgotten what they were talking about.

As to the adverts, it is the way they have dubbed the original soundtrack but then at the end you get the company mantra in English.
Chrysler ad comes to mind at the minute.

`
Old Mar 29th 2013, 5:04 am
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Domino
I think you will find that the Spanish advertising is really no longer than it is in the UK, just it is in 2 x 7min segments instead of 4 x 4 min segments.
You can get used to it and almost be ready to go and make the tea and a sandwich before it comes back.
However, it must be done by a timer as they will cut off in mid-sentence and when it comes back you have forgotten what they were talking about.

As to the adverts, it is the way they have dubbed the original soundtrack but then at the end you get the company mantra in English.
Chrysler ad comes to mind at the minute.

`
as per everything else now adverts on tv as subject to a europe wide directive,and times and types of programs are equally regulated that is why the awful bad days of adverts on TVE have gone ..a ruling was that you can have STATE paid for TV or ADVERT paid for TV but not both ,so when they shifted all the adverts to the private sector the government just increased the tax they paid .
Old Mar 29th 2013, 5:08 am
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by casa del sol

you must be joking the uk ads a relly bad ...the spanish ads are cool and made by people who look like they know what a bath is ..
Old Mar 29th 2013, 5:11 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

No Kerry Katona promoting mega interest loans,or Iceland adverts, do the Spanish know what they are missing !!!!
Old Mar 29th 2013, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
Ah yes - especially Nitro! I think the ad breaks are sync'ed with Antena 3 so sometimes they cut off in the middle of a word!

But at least they tell you in advance how long the break is going to be so you know if you've got time to have a quick shower or walk the dog.

And on the state-owned channels TVE1 and TVE2 there are no ads at all.
You'd have thought the companies advertising would have worked that out by now
Old Mar 29th 2013, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
No Kerry Katona promoting mega interest loans,or Iceland adverts, do the Spanish know what they are missing !!!!
Can't top Leo Messi advertising Bimbo though.

(It's yucky white sliced bread, for anyone who doesn't live here.)
Old Mar 29th 2013, 5:30 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Bimbo "Blaaahh " just as bad as the deep frozen UK sliced that some expats can,t seem to live without !!
Old Mar 29th 2013, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
You'd have thought the companies advertising would have worked that out by now
But only the person who went to make the drinks will miss them! The other seven family members will still sit glued ...
Old Mar 29th 2013, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
But only the person who went to make the drinks will miss them! The other seven family members will still sit glued ...
By the time it comes back on I've forgotten what I was watching
Old Mar 29th 2013, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Anyone watch Cómetelo the cooking programme with the magic rubbish bin the over the top hand washing and strategically placed product placements. The food looks tasty though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.