Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Legal TV options in Spain

Wikiposts

Legal TV options in Spain

Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Legal TV options in Spain

we get ads on Canal+. They've helped my spanish no end because they are speaking normal speed and not with a catalan accent. What I like best is that they never interrupt a film with ads and usually tell you how long they will be on for. Some of them are very spanish but mostly its the usual big company rubbish. You can spot the euro ads which are just dubbed in different languages.
Its interesting to see the cultural differences - there are hardly any ads for supermarkets but masses for donuts and chocolates. At certain times of the year they must all give each other perfume and aftershave as there is usually a wave of ads for those at Christmas and just before Fathers Day, for example.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Domino
I think you will find that the Spanish advertising is really no longer than it is in the UK, just it is in 2 x 7min segments instead of 4 x 4 min segments.
`
Actually for once ;-) I think you are wrong, in 2007/8 Spain and Italy had legal action against by the EU to cut down the time given to ads. I seem to recollect that about two or three years ago (2011) they were warned again. I can only find the report from 2009 for the moment

http://ec.europa.eu/information_soci...m?item_id=5064

The channels (IMO) which have the longest ads per hour are La Sexta and La Siete.

One thing puzzles me though I seem to remember Zappy passing a law about getting rid of ads on the state channels (TV!, La 2 etc) yet from time to time I still see ads on them, and not just ads for in house programs

PS I haven't seen UK TV for years so I have no idea what the current score is in regards to ads on UK TV but ads here are one of the reasons I hardly watch TV (apart from the news) I object strongly to ads in general

Last edited by scrubbedexpat095; Mar 29th 2013 at 11:42 pm. Reason: To add PS
Old Mar 29th 2013, 11:56 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh
Actually for once ;-) I think you are wrong, in 2007/8 Spain and Italy had legal action against by the EU to cut down the time given to ads. I seem to recollect that about two or three years ago (2011) they were warned again. I can only find the report from 2009 for the moment

http://ec.europa.eu/information_soci...m?item_id=5064

The channels (IMO) which have the longest ads per hour are La Sexta and La Siete.

One thing puzzles me though I seem to remember Zappy passing a law about getting rid of ads on the state channels (TV!, La 2 etc) yet from time to time I still see ads on them, and not just ads for in house programs

PS I haven't seen UK TV for years so I have no idea what the current score is in regards to ads on UK TV but ads here are one of the reasons I hardly watch TV (apart from the news) I object strongly to ads in general
Spain usually waits until the EU threatens to withhold funding before implementing regulation imposed by the EU.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by casa del sol
Anyone watch Cómetelo the cooking programme with the magic rubbish bin the over the top hand washing and strategically placed product placements. The food looks tasty though.
Yes I watch it all the time! I think Enrique is totally adorable, but most of the recipes are totally OTT. I like to see the places all round Andalucia where the ingredients come from, and the interviews with the locals.

He is sponsored by Estepa olive oil and must use at least two litres of it every programme! But at least the sponsors don't come on to the show and tell you why you absolutely must have a Bosch induction hob or whatever, like they do in Karlos Arguiñano's programme on A3.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh

You're right. Many of the programmes are sponsored and they are allowed to mention their products.

TVE emitió más de 1.600 anuncios en enero a pesar de ser una televisión sin publicidad