Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Leaving Spain deeply sad

Leaving Spain deeply sad

Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

lulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to all
Default Leaving Spain deeply sad

Hi everyone

We leave this Thursday to return to the UK, I haven’t chatted much to you on here about it all, but we are deeply sad and I am totally heartbroken to have to leave my home, we have managed to talk with our bank and they are helping us, we went to the notary last week, they have halved our mortgage and also gave us a small top up loan to keep the house going until we can get some work back in the UK, its better than throwing in the towel in the meantime we pray a buyer will still come along, we have dropped the price by 100k to what we spent on it, hoping it may be more attractive now I have a dilemma do I leave the kitchen appliances or take them would look nicer with a fridge/ freezer, dishwasher, however I need them back in the UK.... all these dilemmas to face, I wish you all well and if I won the lottery tomorrow I would definitely return

Lulu
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:28 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving Spain deeply sad

Originally Posted by lulu41
Hi everyone

We leave this Thursday to return to the UK, I haven’t chatted much to you on here about it all, but we are deeply sad and I am totally heartbroken to have to leave my home, we have managed to talk with our bank and they are helping us, we went to the notary last week, they have halved our mortgage and also gave us a small top up loan to keep the house going until we can get some work back in the UK, its better than throwing in the towel in the meantime we pray a buyer will still come along, we have dropped the price by 100k to what we spent on it, hoping it may be more attractive now I have a dilemma do I leave the kitchen appliances or take them would look nicer with a fridge/ freezer, dishwasher, however I need them back in the UK.... all these dilemmas to face, I wish you all well and if I won the lottery tomorrow I would definitely return

Lulu
That is sad news Lulu, but good in respect that the bank is helping out.
Wish you luck with the move and sale of the house.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:30 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Lulu

How awful. I wish you all the best.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

I have a dilemma do I leave the kitchen appliances or take them would look nicer with a fridge/ freezer, dishwasher, however I need them back in the UKLulu
weigh up the cost of getting them shipped over along with replacing them in UK...might be cheaper to get new ones here

Good luck with the move back, we did it last month (health reasons) but so far so good, we are very very happy

keep your chin up
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Hi Lulu

Very sorry to hear that. I can tell just how heartbroken you are. What a shame it didn´t work out. Last week I went for an interview to be a teacher at an English speaking nursery. One of the teachers there has resigned because she and her family have to move back to the UK - her husband has been unable to find a job - after 4 years. These are very tough times indeed. I hope you have good friends and family back in the UK who have missed you terribly and will welcome you back with open arms. Take care and good luck.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone

Lulu
Always sad to hear about someone who tried but it didn't work out.

My tuppence worth. Leave the house as neutral, but as ready to go as possible. The cost of white goods in the UK is low and getting lower. It is expensive to ship them by any method. You might just rent the house and professionals have long since known the value of "dressing" a property for sale.

All the best in the future.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:47 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Really sorry to hear you are having to go back my heart really goes out to you. Electrical goods are much cheaper back in UK but then nothing is cheap if you don't have the cash to buy them.. Are you taking much back with you if you took them would it make any difference to the price you are already paying for sending your goods back.

Personlly I would leave them as it might just sway a rental or sale for you. Good Luck and I wish you well.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

So very sorry to hear that you are having to leave due to financial difficulties. Like others I feel that it would possibly be best to leave your appliances if this is possible.

I sincerely hope that you find work quickly and are able to alleviate the financial pressure.

Rosemary
Old Jan 27th 2009, 1:31 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I would leave the appliances. I bought a fridge freezer in Spain Nov and it is 140 euro cheaper for the same model in the UK.

Good luck for the future
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:56 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, I've just looked back through your post history - you've been trying to sell and leave Spain for 3 years

Must have been a frustrating time, I hope things look up for you.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Damn, I've just looked back through your post history - you've been trying to sell and leave Spain for 3 years

Must have been a frustrating time, I hope things look up for you.
I think you worded that very well
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Brizey is an unknown quantity at this point

Very sorry to hear about your home.
Would agree with previous posters where it's possibly less costly to source items back in the UK.
At least the bank have made an effort to soften the blow.

Wishing you the very best for the future...
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Leaving Spain deeply sad

Hi everyone

Lulu
Which bank are you with Lulu?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

lulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to all

Hi everyone

thank you for all your warm messages this has touch my heart, the funny thing is if you have read my history messages... we both wanted to move back after 1 year of being here once we realized there was no work, however after almost 5 years we have both grown very fond of Spain and have made roots here, which is why this is all so sad. when we come to Spain in 2004 we were financially quite well off over 400k... but going back we have to borrow to get a place to rent as they wanted 6 months up front and with pets its even harder to find somewhere, we have tried everything to find work and sell the house so we know we tried our best here, even though we are broke I have always got my memories and cant say "WHAT IF" now have to try and stay calm before this journey takes off, with a 17 month old child and 5 cats and 1 dog we have to travel through Spain and France to St. Malo stopping every night as of pets and little one so we are allowing plenty of time towing a 26 foot caravan behind

Take care and best wishes to you all.

Lulu

Last edited by lulu41; Jan 28th 2009 at 6:50 am.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

John & Kath we are with the Caja Murcia we have had a mortgage with them for 3 years now never missed a payment still havent however I will say they will help you if you go to them before any problems arise, dont anyone sit back and let the arrears happen before asking for help we do have a lot of equity in our house at least 50% even though we have lost in the house too the bank valued it at the notary 350k however they always under value.. we have spent 400k in total on the house we are selling it now for 299,000 euros

Lulu