Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Leave Spain and the bureaucracy, consequences

Leave Spain and the bureaucracy, consequences

Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Bruceio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leave Spain and the bureaucracy, consequences

Hello, perhaps someone out there can help me. I am leaving Spain after 2 years and realise that there are a number of things I am supposed to do such as deal with NIA, Residencia, Dealing with road tax on a scrapped car, telephone etc. I do not plan on dealing with the bureaucracy and will probably just return home and leave it.
Does anyone know what the consequences are likely to be? Also I do not need to return to Spain. Thank you for your reply especially of you have done this yourself. Kind regards
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:29 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leave Spain and the bureaucracy, consequences

Why when it is so easy. A trip to your local town house will sort most of your issues and / or point you where & what you need to do.

Never say never.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Or even because its the correct thing to do rather than leave a possible mess behind.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:56 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bruceio
Hello, perhaps someone out there can help me. I am leaving Spain after 2 years and realise that there are a number of things I am supposed to do such as deal with NIA, Residencia, Dealing with road tax on a scrapped car, telephone etc. I do not plan on dealing with the bureaucracy and will probably just return home and leave it.
Does anyone know what the consequences are likely to be? Also I do not need to return to Spain. Thank you for your reply especially of you have done this yourself. Kind regards
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest these things needing sorting out as debt will follow you and re-establishing in the UK (I assume) can have problems if you are still registered here.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

All sounds a bit immature, but your choice. Unpaid bills become lawful debts, lawful debts become Court orders / denuncias, unanswered orders become Warrants for arrest. Get the drift? Nice holiday in Majorca with the family in years to come will see you pulled on entry! Why? If you don't consider yourself, how about the next person to occupy your address having to suffer hassle for your neglect? Your credit rating in the UK (yep,its a European database out there now) Like I said, Man up, its a day running around, a couple of phone calls and you are done and clear.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

OTA63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Regardless of what the consequences may or not be, just to cut and run sounds very irresponsible to me and I'm sure others on this forum.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Those who pay the price are the ones who come after, who get slapped with hefty deposits for telephone line rental because the company is worried they might also run off without paying debts.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

ned flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to take the money from the Bank job when you leave in the middle of the night.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Did we say something you didn't want to hear?
Old Oct 14th 2017, 1:02 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

Dealing with road tax on a scrapped car,
thats is a real fun part when the scrap yard dont play nice