Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Leasing hiring or renting a car in the Almanzora area for 1yr

Leasing hiring or renting a car in the Almanzora area for 1yr

Old May 14th 2016, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Kentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leasing hiring or renting a car in the Almanzora area for 1yr

Originally Posted by Murphy1804
Hi its with credit card but i only use that for ease, i couldnt answer whether you can use a debit card but i assume so. check out on the website
Thanks for that. Last time I checked it was credit card only. The hire company would 'block off' 900/1200 €'s to be set against any damage that they found,even after you had returned the car and left their office.
Old May 14th 2016, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Mags54 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Murphy thanks for that where is that doyouspain hie. Company do they have a place in Alicantie airport
Old May 14th 2016, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Doyouspain are brokers not the actual hire company. They cover all over Spain this is their website http://www.doyouspain.com/?gclid=CJa_gvjK2cwCFRVmGwodqrwEBg

They along with many others quote cheap prices but remember that you will be pressured by most hire companies that they or others sites provide to take out extra insurance. Most hire insurance in Spain does not cover everything I.e. glass roof, underneath, tyres often non accident damage etc or interior. Also ensure all damage accident, theft or criminal damage must be reported to police and you must have a copy of the report generally. They mainly charge exorbitant cost to cover this. You can take out your own excess cover for this in the UK for around £39 per year, the hire companies charge more than this for a few weeks.They will still try and pressure you into taking theirs which is pointless if you have excess insurance. All you do is pay the excess then claim back from the excess insurer. Only thing with excess insurance is hire company will want a excess deposit of quite a bit (it varies). This is where the credit card comes in the usually hold this against the card not actually take it out unless there is damage. When you return the car undamaged they remove the charge held. This is normal I have had it taken out once then repaid on return (I actually made on that due to exchange rate) but it is usual to simply hold the amount. You can't hold an amount on a debit card it is simply taken out hence most hire companies will not accept a debit card.

Last edited by bobd22; May 14th 2016 at 12:56 pm.
Old May 14th 2016, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Mags54 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much bobd22 very informative