Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Leasing hiring or renting a car in the Almanzora area for 1yr

Leasing hiring or renting a car in the Almanzora area for 1yr

Old May 3rd 2016, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Mags54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leasing hiring or renting a car in the Almanzora area for 1yr

Could anyone give me some information or their experience of leasing,hiring or renting a car for a year.
We want to try Spain for a year but do not want to buy a car.
What kind of cost are involved.
Old May 3rd 2016, 5:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leasing hiring or renting a car in the Almanzora area for 1yr

Welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread over to our Spain forum. I expect someone will be along shortly to help you.

Good luck.
Old May 3rd 2016, 5:28 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 3rd 2016, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, hope I get some info on question asked
Old May 5th 2016, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Cllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know where you live, but if you live in Europe wouldn't it be cheaper to bring you existing car over (if you have one). If you are based in England there are insurance companies that can cover you for the year.

Be aware though that you will need to become a resident of Spain if you stay there for more than 183 days.
Old May 5th 2016, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cllve
Don't know where you live, but if you live in Europe wouldn't it be cheaper to bring you existing car over (if you have one). If you are based in England there are insurance companies that can cover you for the year.

Be aware though that you will need to become a resident of Spain if you stay there for more than 183 days.
Thank you Clive I was unaware about becoming a resident. Don't have a car to bring.
I will ask some of the dealers like Saet, Nissan etc.
Old May 5th 2016, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Kentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread over to our Spain forum. I expect someone will be along shortly to help you.

Good luck.
Regarding hiring a car,I have been told by hire companies and in my case,record and go,the max is 60 days. I rent through Bravocarhire with a pick up at Alicante. Using a debit card with a second driver free the cost was/is €400 for 60 days and this is with full insurance because it is a debit card.
It can be cheaper with a credit card, but it might be sensible to take out excess insurance.
I haven't bought a car yet, and I may not, as I'm waiting until after the referendum. This seems to me to be realistic. I do not pay maintenance,any more insurance,mot etc, and I always have a new car. It may not suit everyone,but it works for me. I hope this helps.
I
Old May 5th 2016, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kentishladd
Regarding hiring a car,I have been told by hire companies and in my case,record and go,the max is 60 days. I rent through Bravocarhire with a pick up at Alicante. Using a debit card with a second driver free the cost was/is €400 for 60 days and this is with full insurance because it is a debit card.
It can be cheaper with a credit card, but it might be sensible to take out excess insurance.
I haven't bought a car yet, and I may not, as I'm waiting until after the referendum. This seems to me to be realistic. I do not pay maintenance,any more insurance,mot etc, and I always have a new car. It may not suit everyone,but it works for me. I hope this helps.
I
Thank you so much. I will think about this. The extra on excess insurance could make it expensive for a year.
Old May 5th 2016, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Kentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mags54
Thank you so much. I will think about this. The extra on excess insurance could make it expensive for a year.
U.K. Costs about £40 p.a. And Spanish a little less.
Old May 6th 2016, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kentishladd
U.K. Costs about £40 p.a. And Spanish a little less.
wr
Thank you so much
Old May 6th 2016, 12:16 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

In your position, I would buy a cheap (Spanish) run-around, keep it for a year, and then sell it again.

You certainly couldn't (or shouldn't) use a UK plated vehicle after 6 months here.
Old May 9th 2016, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
In your position, I would buy a cheap (Spanish) run-around, keep it for a year, and then sell it again.

You certainly couldn't (or shouldn't) use a UK plated vehicle after 6 months here.
Thank you so much, I have looked at the 2nd hand market and can't believe how expensive they are.
Old May 14th 2016, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Murphy1804 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello we hire cars from doyouspain, we have hired them for the last 3 months i pick another up on Wednesday and for 37 days hire its 74 euros.
Old May 14th 2016, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Murphy1804
Hello we hire cars from doyouspain, we have hired them for the last 3 months i pick another up on Wednesday and for 37 days hire its 74 euros.
Is this with a debit card?
Old May 14th 2016, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Murphy1804 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi its with credit card but i only use that for ease, i couldnt answer whether you can use a debit card but i assume so. check out on the website

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.