Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

learning disabilities

learning disabilities

Old Mar 17th 2005, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

wendi is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile learning disabilities

Does anyone know if there is any respite available for children with disabilities in the Valencia region? any info would be good
thanks
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

angie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really nice
Default Re: learning disabilities

Originally Posted by wendi
Does anyone know if there is any respite available for children with disabilities in the Valencia region? any info would be good
thanks
hi wendi,
im moving to salinas near sax on 1st may 2005.
having worked in the care profession all my life and dealt maily with special needs and learning difficulties, along woth day care and respite care, i too am hoping i will find something along those lines for a job.
research so far hasnt brought much joy, so if u do find anything please let me know. i would so appreciate it.
i dont know how long it will be before i am back on the internet once i get settled, but i promise to reply back to u just as soon as i can
looking forward to hearing from u soon
love angie
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Hello Angie,
I live in Sax just past the Guadia Civil I would love to bump into you one day, Sax has a market each Monday and is a very plesent town to live by, if you need some information just give me a call.

There is a special school in Elda just next to the Hospital, Do you speak spanish? it will help if you can.

David SR.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

karanne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by countryboy
Hello Angie,
I live in Sax just past the Guadia Civil I would love to bump into you one day, Sax has a market each Monday and is a very plesent town to live by, if you need some information just give me a call.

There is a special school in Elda just next to the Hospital, Do you speak spanish? it will help if you can.

David SR.

hi all

am thinking of moving to spain probably 25 mins radius of pinoso where my family are.I am interested in setting up something for people with learning disabilities but am not sure how to go about it,i hear it is very diff to get a licence for the elderly wondered if same with LD doesnt seem to be much info on it.
Wondered if there was much in way of services in this area

just got back from another trio to spain but what work i do there will dictate the kind of property i buy so am in chicken and egg situation
would love to hear from any of you
karanne
Old Aug 9th 2005, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by karanne
hi all

am thinking of moving to spain probably 25 mins radius of pinoso where my family are.I am interested in setting up something for people with learning disabilities but am not sure how to go about it,i hear it is very diff to get a licence for the elderly wondered if same with LD doesnt seem to be much info on it.
Wondered if there was much in way of services in this area

just got back from another trio to spain but what work i do there will dictate the kind of property i buy so am in chicken and egg situation
would love to hear from any of you
karanne
Pinoso is about 30 to 40 mins away from Sax, as stated in above post there is a special school in ELDA, there is also a social services dept here in Sax so there must be somthing similer in pinoso or surrounding area as you might guess you will have to speak Spanish as this is not a tourist area and there are limited Spanish people who speak English. it depends if you want to work for someone or work for your self?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

angie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really nice

HI DAVID
SORRY ITS TAKEN SO LONG TO RETURN UR REPLY BUT AS U CAN OMAGINE I HAD PROBS WITH GETTING A LANDLINE.
ANYWAY, IM HERE NOW IN SALINAS AND LOVING IT. U SAID U LIVE BY THE GUADIA CIVIL AND I DRIVE BY THERE MOST DAYS, SO WE COULD MEET UP ANYTIME U LIKE.
I HAVENT FOUND THE SPECIAL SCHOOL IN ELDA YET, AND AS IVE ONLY BEEN HERE SINCE MAY, MY SPANISH ISNT BRILL EITHER BUT IM DETERMINED TO LEARN.
IT WOULD BE LOVELY IF U WOULD GET BACK TO ME AND YOU WOULD MEET UP WITH MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND MAYBE NEXT WEEK SOMETIME.
U CAN EMAIL ME AT <<email address removed to protect privacy>>
SEE YA SOON. X

Last edited by Sue; Oct 13th 2005 at 2:16 pm. Reason: Email address removed to protect privacy
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by angie mccready
HI DAVID
SORRY ITS TAKEN SO LONG TO RETURN UR REPLY BUT AS U CAN OMAGINE I HAD PROBS WITH GETTING A LANDLINE.
ANYWAY, IM HERE NOW IN SALINAS AND LOVING IT. U SAID U LIVE BY THE GUADIA CIVIL AND I DRIVE BY THERE MOST DAYS, SO WE COULD MEET UP ANYTIME U LIKE.
I HAVENT FOUND THE SPECIAL SCHOOL IN ELDA YET, AND AS IVE ONLY BEEN HERE SINCE MAY, MY SPANISH ISNT BRILL EITHER BUT IM DETERMINED TO LEARN.
IT WOULD BE LOVELY IF U WOULD GET BACK TO ME AND YOU WOULD MEET UP WITH MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND MAYBE NEXT WEEK SOMETIME.
U CAN EMAIL ME
SEE YA SOON. X

Hello Angie,

I have sent you an email today Thursday 13th Oct. And I am sorry it took me so long to read this post, will meet up with you soon I hope.

David SR