Laptops

Old May 1st 2011, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Laptops

Where do I find laptops in Spain with English as user language?

I looked around but seem only to find laptops with Spanish as user language.

I suppose I could buy in UK and have it sent over but that makes things tricky when there is a problem with the machine plus the fact that the warranty would only apply to UK.

Has anyone bought a laptop in Spain with English as user language? If so, where?

Thanks for all useful information.
Old May 1st 2011, 6:48 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laptops

I bought mine via Dell spain
Old May 1st 2011, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

rumpuss will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ex-pat
Where do I find laptops in Spain with English as user language?

I looked around but seem only to find laptops with Spanish as user language.

I suppose I could buy in UK and have it sent over but that makes things tricky when there is a problem with the machine plus the fact that the warranty would only apply to UK.

Has anyone bought a laptop in Spain with English as user language? If so, where?

Thanks for all useful information.
There is a place in Mollina that sells English laptops but they may not be the most up to date
Old May 1st 2011, 6:55 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Either use Linux or purchase a PC and pay a few € more for an English version of windows.
Most shops will do that for you.
Here is one suggestion: UPI
Old May 1st 2011, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

I have already a pc but need a new laptop.
I looked at Dell but almost all the write-ups where negative.

Please keep the options coming.
Old May 1st 2011, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

rumpuss will become famous soon enough

Several schools and colleges in the U.K. use Dell - maybe they just get a good deal.
Old May 1st 2011, 7:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There is a free program that you can convert it to English, but I changed mine back to Spanish cos it helps learning the language.
Old May 1st 2011, 7:46 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

when my OH bought his here he simply chose English when he did the initial set-up

I did mine in Spanish - as did the kids - much to OH's annoyance
Old May 1st 2011, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

I use English as a third language and I do find it difficult to work with computers in a different language. The terminology is sometimes difficult to grasp. I prefer to stick to English when working with computers.

I may have to ask the children to purchase a laptop in UK and ship it over but that would be as a last resort.

Unless of course someone here knows where to find it in ES.

I understand that the set-up is already in place in most laptops unless I am mistaken? Where did you purchase your laptop?
Old May 1st 2011, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

hi, I am not a trader but can get part used UK laptops - they are good as they are from a bank so come with good software preinstalled. PM me if stuck as I get first dibs on any avail. I am not a trader so don't bin this post, I have given the last few away to deserving causes.

Also, they aren't stolen!
Old May 1st 2011, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ex-pat

I may have to ask the children to purchase a laptop in UK and ship it over but that would be as a last resort.
If you are doing that, M&S and Amazon ship to Spain. My DIL has just been on the phone, asking me for my opinion of a laptop from M&S, two year warranty. It's fine for her needs.
Old May 1st 2011, 8:21 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Buy from Dell Spain, They will supply UK keyboards and English Windows at no extra charge but you will need to phone them - the online site does not give you the option.

Buying in the UK may give warranty problems.

Some local Spanish computer companies will give you English Windows but as they have to pay about €70 for an OEM copy the price will be higher.

If you want details of a Dell contact who can sort it out for you please PM me.
Old May 1st 2011, 8:26 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
when my OH bought his here he simply chose English when he did the initial set-up

I did mine in Spanish - as did the kids - much to OH's annoyance
Unless you buy Windows 7 Ultimate you don't get a choice of language and even then you have to download the different language options and install them.

You can choose regional settings etc. but that does not change the basic language of the operating system.
Old May 1st 2011, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all for the info given.

I will have to digest all this. I won't make a discission yet but I will keep on looking and do a "compare" of all the options.

Thanks again for all the help.
Old May 1st 2011, 9:19 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I bought my laptop from one of the big ones in England (Comet? PC World?) cheaper than it would be in Spain which allowed me to buy a two year Europe-wide warranty for about thirty quid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.