Land Issues

Old May 29th 2009, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of
Default Re: Land Issues

As far as I am aware, an Escritura is a piece of paper that looks very official but which can contain lots of possibly useless information or maybe out of date information especially with rural locations. You may look at an Escritura and think it tells you all you need to know but ultimately it is what the Registro thinks you own that is more important. However my experience is limited and Beach may add to this. Also has the Cortijo been occupied in the past and has the builder obtained planning licences for any work ? What looks like a perfectly habitable building may not actually be a 'legally registered' building.
Old May 30th 2009, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Very true. I would suggest obtaining an historical nota simple, or nota simple extensiva, from the property registry. This is a copy of the actual entry in the property registry not just the usual brief information of ownership and outstanding debts etc.

This is not available online and costs rather more depending on the total number of pages.

Older entries will be handwritten and may be difficult to decipher.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:57 am
Spain Business Guides

elgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really nice

I think that if you were to read a document written in English legal terms and then tried to explain that to another English person you would probably run into problems. The meaning tends to get lost in the words used.

The same applies in Spain and probably more acutely. There are many people that speak English and Spanish, however that doesn't mean they can translate a legal document from one language to another any more than you could explain the legal document in the above paragraph to another English person.

Another problem I have encountered is the recipients perception of what is being translated to them. Particularly when legal terminology is being used.

Originally Posted by Nige
OK - appreciate the Legal Advice is a joke, but those Escrituras are written in language that can sometimes only be interpreted by someone familiar with the wordings. I recall going to a perfect bi-lingual translation lady who spoke excellent English and Spanish, and asked her for some help with an Escritura, and frankly she didn't have a clue. Also when an Escritura is signed between a Spanish seller and someone who cannot speak the language, I always thought that there should be some translation available and was in fact a requirement of the Notario.
Sometimes it is the dodgy seller's Agent who acts in this capacity which has struck me as a bit like white water rafting now the Niagara Falls.