Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

land for caravan ?

land for caravan ?

Old Nov 13th 2006, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

mr moto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default land for caravan ?

i am thinking of buying some land in spain and perhaps leaving a caravan there for my occasional use, somewhere well off the beaten track, so are there any sort of restrictions on what i can do with my own land ? would i have to get any sort of permission or authority to do this? and would i be liable for any local taxes ? thank,s .
Old Nov 13th 2006, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: land for caravan ?

Originally Posted by mr moto
i am thinking of buying some land in spain and perhaps leaving a caravan there for my occasional use, somewhere well off the beaten track, so are there any sort of restrictions on what i can do with my own land ? would i have to get any sort of permission or authority to do this? and would i be liable for any local taxes ? thank,s .
I think with a caravan you are o.k because it is mobile and can be moved off the land at any time,
but hey what do I know,there at least 2 more people in the world who are more clever than me, so lets wait for one of them to reply,
GOOD LUCK
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:03 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mr moto
Working in Frankfurt (well it was a job but not a place of one's choice) I met a Spanish/German couple who had done just that.... a caravan on a piece of land they had bought. At a property exhibition a year or two ago I broached the possibility of doing just this, with the intention of building at some later date. The German guy who was selling plots of land inland at Alicante suggested getting planning permission, then building a garage or laying down foundations alongside the caravan once this had been obtained, in case rules and regs changed at some later date.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

mr moto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poollounger
Working in Frankfurt (well it was a job but not a place of one's choice) I met a Spanish/German couple who had done just that.... a caravan on a piece of land they had bought. At a property exhibition a year or two ago I broached the possibility of doing just this, with the intention of building at some later date. The German guy who was selling plots of land inland at Alicante suggested getting planning permission, then building a garage or laying down foundations alongside the caravan once this had been obtained, in case rules and regs changed at some later date.
thak,s for the replies i will be going over in about march , and will be looking for somewhere out of the way in north eastern spain, so does anyone have any good links to check out with land for sale ?