sat nav

Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default sat nav

Hi i have a flip up dvd and cd player in my car it also says sat nav (dont know how to work it) I have been told i need to upgrade. Is europe sat nav work ok in spain
As if it does not i will just follow the normal aa route finder.

Thanks Emma
Old Nov 20th 2006, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sat nav

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi i have a flip up dvd and cd player in my car it also says sat nav (dont know how to work it) I have been told i need to upgrade. Is europe sat nav work ok in spain

Thanks Emma
go to any car hi-fi shop they should be able to advise you.
I used my iPAQ loaded with tom tom, it took the stress out of the drive.

I know someone who brought a handheld sat nav from argos, did the drive in a hire van and under argos' 16 day no quibble returns policy took it back, and said it was not what they wanted, so it never cost them a penny, I am not saying thats what you could do............I am just telling you what a friend did............cough cough
Old Nov 20th 2006, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
go to any car hi-fi shop they should be able to advise you.
I used my iPAQ loaded with tom tom, it took the stress out of the drive.

I know someone who brought a handheld sat nav from argos, did the drive in a hire van and under argos' 16 day no quibble returns policy took it back, and said it was not what they wanted, so it never cost them a penny, I am not saying thats what you could do............I am just telling you what a friend did............cough cough
Old Nov 20th 2006, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

hey what does " " mean, should I warn Argos you are about to do a naughty, Miss Naughty
Old Nov 20th 2006, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
hey what does " " mean, should I warn Argos you are about to do a naughty, Miss Naughty
Means nothing i am a good law abiding person

Play dumb everytime
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Thanks Emma
Hi,

I also have a dvd sat Nav system, if it shows sat nav on the touch screen it does'nt meen that part of the system is fitted. It is a seperate DVD driven CPU with full europe nav on it.

hope this helps
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PaulLes
Hi,

I also have a dvd sat Nav system, if it shows sat nav on the touch screen it does'nt meen that part of the system is fitted. It is a seperate DVD driven CPU with full europe nav on it.

hope this helps
Yep mine on the touch screen says sat nav, i took it to motorsave and i spoke to the bloke and he just said i would need to upgrade, However unsure if i need something added, in fact it says all sorts on the screen but have not got a clue on how to use it lol
Do you think i need a whole new system?
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Yep mine on the touch screen says sat nav, i took it to motorsave and i spoke to the bloke and he just said i would need to upgrade, However unsure if i need something added, in fact it says all sorts on the screen but have not got a clue on how to use it lol
Do you think i need a whole new system?
I have a Alpine head unit, this plays dvds cds and radio as an optional extra i have a Sat nav unit located under the rear seat that connects to the head unit expensive £1100 also a cd changer in the boot and a roof mounted DVD screen. It may be that you only have the head unit. all other items are extra, the sat nav is amongst the best in the world, no changing maps through europe but with cheap dash mounted versions available may be cost prohibitive, however i intend using mine a lot in Spain to its worth it to me

Paul
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have a Alpine head unit, this plays dvds cds and radio as an optional extra i have a Sat nav unit located under the rear seat that connects to the head unit expensive £1100 also a cd changer in the boot and a roof mounted DVD screen. It may be that you only have the head unit. all other items are extra, the sat nav is amongst the best in the world, no changing maps through europe but with cheap dash mounted versions available may be cost prohibitive, however i intend using mine a lot in Spain to its worth it to me

Paul
yes mine is the same but on the screen it says tv and sat nav, i was told it needed to be just downloaded, this system with the two headrest t.vs in the rear was £1600. so i cant see i would need a new system, then again with me it probably means i do lol lol
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

yes mine is the same but on the screen it says tv and sat nav, i was told it needed to be just downloaded, this system with the two headrest t.vs in the rear was £1600. so i cant see i would need a new system, then again with me it probably means i do lol lol

Yes you will nead the Sat Nav computer add on, the full system is close to £3,000

Paul
Old Nov 21st 2006, 1:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I will fly over and chauffeur you down for 2995 quid.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr
But only if you live up to your name, he say's.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes you will nead the Sat Nav computer add on, the full system is close to £3,000

Paul
HI
I took my car to the pioneer dealership in our area and i only need the disk. i thought i did but was unsure, thanks for all your help and advice though
Old Nov 21st 2006, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jdr
I will do it for £2994
And I supply the A-Z
this could start a bidding war !!