Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ladies Darts Teams

Ladies Darts Teams

Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:25 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ladies Darts Teams

Hi

Just popped in from the Oz forum to ask a question for my mum who lives in Spain.

Can anyone tell me if there is any ladies darts teams in the Elche/Alicante area?

She is quite good and has played for teams in Bahrain and the UK so if anyone could help her, she has seen a place/pub advertised but has gone along and there is nothing so need to know that there is definately something happening.

Thanks

Kaye
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:23 pm
aspeangel

Default Re: Ladies Darts Teams

Did she play normal `british´darts or electronic darts?? Over here most Spanish bars have Electronic dartboards and competitions, and not many brit owned bars have normal dartboards. I don´t know anywhere around Elche/Alicante that has teams going, sorry no more help. I live in aspe so i am local to the area - whereabouts is your mum living? Does she have a local bar, maybe she could start something up herself!

Last edited by aspeangel; Jan 8th 2008 at 5:23 pm. Reason: misspelling

Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:52 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks she played british darts.

She lives just outside Elche in a new complex I forget the actual name, sorry.

Haven't been to visit her yet she gets around a bit so not sure about local pubs.

Will see what she says about starting something up shes quite an organiser so she maybe up for that.

Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Thanks she played british darts.

She lives just outside Elche in a new complex I forget the actual name, sorry.

Haven't been to visit her yet she gets around a bit so not sure about local pubs.

Will see what she says about starting something up shes quite an organiser so she maybe up for that.

Thanks
She needs to check the local English Language newspapers. there are certainly darts teams, both mens and ladies, here on the Costa Blanca South, and I'm sure they are NOT electronic darts.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:23 pm
aspeangel

My husband says (and he likes darts) that down in the Torry area you would find darts leagues but up around Elche its unlikely as there aren´t that many brit bars. There are a couple of british pubs in Aspe that have British boards but are fairly unused. She could try out in the Hondon area (not too far away) where there are a lot more Brits and they occasionally have competitions etc but more just friendly rather than league. Over here (in the Spanish bars) it is all electronic darts which are plastic points on a plastic board, the spanish do have leagues but he´s not so sure the women have a seperate league. You can buy the boards from anywhere like Carrefor if you want to practise, the darts are very light, only 16-18 grammes normally. Could be the ideal way to visit your local spanish bars and get to meet a few of the locals and learn a bit of the lingo and you don´t even need to be able to count as the board does it for you!

Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:32 pm
aka DORIS

Originally Posted by mikelincs
She needs to check the local English Language newspapers. there are certainly darts teams, both mens and ladies, here on the Costa Blanca South, and I'm sure they are NOT electronic darts.
Thanks will mention that to her
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:36 pm
aka DORIS

Originally Posted by aspeangel
My husband says (and he likes darts) that down in the Torry area you would find darts leagues but up around Elche its unlikely as there aren´t that many brit bars. There are a couple of british pubs in Aspe that have British boards but are fairly unused. She could try out in the Hondon area (not too far away) where there are a lot more Brits and they occasionally have competitions etc but more just friendly rather than league. Over here (in the Spanish bars) it is all electronic darts which are plastic points on a plastic board, the spanish do have leagues but he´s not so sure the women have a seperate league. You can buy the boards from anywhere like Carrefor if you want to practise, the darts are very light, only 16-18 grammes normally. Could be the ideal way to visit your local spanish bars and get to meet a few of the locals and learn a bit of the lingo and you don´t even need to be able to count as the board does it for you!
She may like that she has been practising her Spanish and it could be a good way to meet some more locals as you say.

She lives next door to some Spanish people and has got friendly with them so they may take her along

Thanks again

Kaye