La Renta?

Old Jun 28th 2006, 4:42 pm
jennydor

jennydor will become famous soon enoughjennydor will become famous soon enough
Question La Renta?

How do I apply or put in forms for RENTA. Does anyone know what Renta is?
Im under the impression its like a tax return, I have my details of work and payments for work done in spain, and a form from work that I apparently get every year.
But Im not sure what to do from here, Im registered at the social security and have an NIE. My local town is Castellon. Do I have to go to the town hall? Police station? Can it be done through the bank?
Any ideas exactly what it is and how I go about it?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 28th 2006, 5:13 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: La Renta?

Renta is your income. Not sure how to file for taxes though as my employers always did it for me.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

If you can speak Spanish I would suggest you go to your local AEAT office. You will have to get a move on, though. The deadline for submission of last year's tax declaration is 30th June.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 5:33 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennydor
How do I apply or put in forms for RENTA. Does anyone know what Renta is?
Im under the impression its like a tax return, I have my details of work and payments for work done in spain, and a form from work that I apparently get every year.
But Im not sure what to do from here, Im registered at the social security and have an NIE. My local town is Castellon. Do I have to go to the town hall? Police station? Can it be done through the bank?
Any ideas exactly what it is and how I go about it?

Thanks in advance
I would suggest a gestor for your first years return - otherwise you'll probably miss an allowance or two and cost yourself far more than the gestors payment.

Seem to remember that renta is via form (modelo) 210 that you can pay at the bank provided you have the bar coded stickers issued by the local tax office (http://www.aeat.es/).

Don't forget any Patrimonio tax you'll need to pay (wealth tax on any assets) - form 714.

As I said, try finding agood gestor, at least for the first year.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:23 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Seem to remember that renta is via form (modelo) 210 that you can pay at the bank provided you have the bar coded stickers issued by the local tax office (http://www.aeat.es/).

Don't forget any Patrimonio tax you'll need to pay (wealth tax on any assets) - form 714.
What you are referring to is non resident "Imputed" income tax and wealth tax which is declared on forms 214 and 714

Normal income from employment is taxed at source (paye) but it is still advisable to complete a normal Renta declaration to ensure that you have all the applicable allowances that will not be taken into account in your paye.

Income tax and wealth tax, if applicable, are declared on form 100.

As Beachcomber says, get down to the tax office pronto. They are usually very helpful.

Fred
Old Jun 29th 2006, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

David will become famous soon enoughDavid will become famous soon enough

Hello Jennydor,

With regards to La Renta not everyone that received income in Spain has to complete La Renta. You do not need to declare if you:

1. Earned less than €22,000 gross from one single source. This limit also applies if you have a second or more income sources whose combined total does not exceed €1,000.

2. You do not need to declare if your income is exclusively from a social security pension.

3. The limit is set at €8,000 gross if your income is from two or more sources whose combined total is more than €1,000.

4. You do need to declare if you have achieved a capital gain from the sale of any property in Spain. In this case you should speak to an asesor fiscal.

If you fall into any of the above categories except number 4, there is no obligation to declare.

Hope this helps

David
Old Jun 29th 2006, 4:55 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cadiz Builders
With regards to La Renta not everyone that received income in Spain has to complete La Renta. You do not need to declare if you:

1. Earned less than €22,000 gross from one single source. This limit also applies if you have a second or more income sources whose combined total does not exceed €1,000.
Not quite complete David.

The 22000 limit only applies if your income is taxed at source under the Spanish equivalent of PAYE. Jennydor may well fall into this category but many expats are earning between 8000 and 22000 from pensions from a single source and are clearly not paying PAYE.

People in this situation have sometimes misunderstood this limit and not declared their income and subsequently had a demand for back taxes with added interest and fines.

Fred

Last edited by Fred James; Jun 29th 2006 at 5:01 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 5:09 pm
jennydor

jennydor will become famous soon enoughjennydor will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the replies,
as I hadnt heard if it before it caught me unawares, so to be on the safe side we got a Gestoria to sort it. I can always do it myself next year now I know when it comes around and what documentation I need.

Thanks to all for the advice.
Jen