Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

La gula del norte....?!

La gula del norte....?!

Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

hellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant future
Default La gula del norte....?!

Grabbed a bag of salad in the supermarket this morning, assuming it was my usual one.....and jumped out of my skin when I opened it at home to find a bag of 'la gula del norte' nestling among the salad leaves!

I have no idea what they are or what I am supposed to do with them....can only describe it as lots of thin tentacle-like things....doesn't look remotely appetising I must say!

Tempted to chuck them in the bin but wondered if anyone could shed any light on it for me?!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of
Default Re: La gula del norte....?!

I've seen them in supermarkets. Aren't they just noodles with fish in? I'm sure I saw one with Prawns in before.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

means 'greed of the north',sound like some sort of Calamari.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

"la gula del norte" is made from pieces of fish which are cut, shaped and textured to resemble a cheaper version of the very expensive baby eels (angulas)

Last edited by big wheels; Sep 20th 2007 at 11:01 pm. Reason: spelling