KINDLE again

Old Jan 17th 2015, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KINDLE again

Originally Posted by Saigonjack
It begs the question WHY buy a Kindle or a Nook...just buy a normal 8 inch or 10 inch tablet..they ALL come with an e-reader OR download ALDIKO as a reader ...However my point is there are hundreds of FREE e-book sites out there. I have been using a tablet for reading for years, and I have NEVER not been able to find THE book(s) that I want to read. Why tie yourself to one book format when you can use Calibre on your desktop to convert ANY book format....my tuppence worth !! Free ebook sites on request
I used the Kindle app on a tablet long before I purchased a Kindle Paperwhite.
However it is very difficult to read a tablet in sunlight hence the Kindle purchase.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

I've had my kindle registered to various sites.

It was bought in the uk, but I switched it to the .es site because I preferred to read in spanish (it helps me with language).

When I went to Chile it (the amazon site) told me I should register to .com but I found that some books I could see on .co.uk or .es weren't available there, so I switched back.

As Horlics says, you can switch the registration back and forth with no problem. After all, it's the same with paper books - you may be living in spain but there's nothing to stop you going for a visit to the uk and stocking up on books there.

Last edited by rachelk; Jan 17th 2015 at 8:26 am.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Saigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to all

No problem...... was typing on my phone and the auto type took over)...but we concur that there are various ways/places to get a good read without disturbing the default level on one's conscience
Old Jan 17th 2015, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

It begs the question WHY buy a Kindle or a Nook...just buy a normal 8 inch or 10 inch tablet..they ALL come with an e-reader OR download ALDIKO as a reader ...However my point is there are hundreds of FREE e-book sites out there. I have been using a tablet for reading for years, and I have NEVER not been able to find THE book(s) that I want to read. Why tie yourself to one book format when you can use Calibre on your desktop to convert ANY book format....my tuppence worth !! Free ebook sites on request
Ever tried viewing anything on a tablet in daylight or bright sunshine? Never mind reading a "book" on one!
Old Jan 17th 2015, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Saigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to all

And your point is ?....You can use an ereader that has different colour backgrounds if need be ...
Old Jan 17th 2015, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

And your point is ?....You can use an ereader that has different colour backgrounds if need be ...
My point I would have thought was obvious, even if you disagree with it!
Point being, a Kindle is easier on which to read an ebook than a tablet.
If you don't agree then fair enough, but surely my point was evident!
On most tablets it's not the background colour that's the issue, but the reflective screen glass.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Yep on most tablets...not on mine luckily ...but if the sun's too bright then it must be Cuba libre time ...
Old Jan 17th 2015, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you. I wouldn't use my iPad to read in sunlight, in fact, it's almost not possible but can be done with a struggle. The e-ink screens are wonderful and very low power consumption means it's one less gadget that needs a charge almost daily.

Originally Posted by Biffta
My point I would have thought was obvious, even if you disagree with it!
Point being, a Kindle is easier on which to read an ebook than a tablet.
If you don't agree then fair enough, but surely my point was evident!
On most tablets it's not the background colour that's the issue, but the reflective screen glass.