Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Kercher murder affair......

Kercher murder affair......

Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:18 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kercher murder affair......

.....takes a new twist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...er-murder.html

Anyone followed this strange affair ?

Is the wrong person in jail ?
Old Mar 27th 2013, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kercher murder affair......

All most odd. But then the Italian justice system seems a bit odd too.

I see the Qatada appeal has been lost in Britain. More oddness. What is that six Home Secretaries?
Old Mar 27th 2013, 2:54 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I think Knox is in denial, she has blanked it all from her mind.

as to Qatada - just ship him and his family out, he has nothing but disrespect for the country - but still expects to be kept in luxury.
These people always seem to live in fairly high cost areas around London, never in Lancashire or Derbyshire or Cornwall in low cost areas.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
I see the Qatada appeal has been lost in Britain. More oddness. What is that six Home Secretaries?
I think it's long passed the time when he should accidently meet a piece of hot lead travelling at high speed
Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Domino

as to Qatada - just ship him and his family out, he has nothing but disrespect for the country - but still expects to be kept in luxury.
These people always seem to live in fairly high cost areas around London, never in Lancashire or Derbyshire or Cornwall in low cost areas.
I don't always agree with your posts but this one is spot on :-)

As for Knox (and the other guy) I'm pretty convinced of their guilt but there again I was convinced of OJ's guilt as well :-)
Old Mar 27th 2013, 10:42 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh

As for Knox (and the other guy) I'm pretty convinced of their guilt but there again I was convinced of OJ's guilt as well :-)
Likewise.

The best book I read, detailing the affair as far as possible from what seemed to be a neutral viewpoint was "Darkness Descending".

Knox and the Italian guy were clearly shown to be lying through their teeth.
The evidence against the guy now serving time, I thought was less than convincing.
I think he was badly advised or possibly conned into pleading guilty.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Mar 27th 2013 at 10:44 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:02 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh
I don't always agree with your posts but this one is spot on :-)

I have some doubts about the OJ verdict, although in probability he did it, its when I remember the gaggle of police and press helicopters following him down the freeway on his way home that I get the doubts - he was proven guilty by media before even being charged.
then when the court case was televised and he tried to put forward defence ISTR some reporter saying "he's wriggling" or something similar.

wasnt he eventually found not guilty in criminal court but guilty in civil court action by the families ?

`
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:08 pm
On the road again.

As I recall it, there didn't appear to be any other even remotely possible explanation other than that OJ was entirely responsible.

At the time I couldn't for the life of me see how a not guilty verdict was possible, however a pal of mine had his money on a not guilty verdict, solely because of the make up of the jury, which consisted mainly of people who may well have been expected to be sympathetic or racially prejudice in favour of OJ, most of the others having been ruled out.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:10 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Domino

Back to the Kercher retrial.
Amanda Knox and the Italian guy found guilty.

Quite surprised myself, though I think it's the correct verdict based on what evidence I've seen.

So what are the chances of getting Knox back to Italy to do her porridge if sentenced ?
Not very great I would imagine myself.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Back to the Kercher retrial.
Amanda Knox and the Italian guy found guilty.

Quite surprised myself, though I think it's the correct verdict based on what evidence I've seen.

So what are the chances of getting Knox back to Italy to do her porridge if sentenced ?
Not very great I would imagine myself.
I would think it's similar to the UK-USA extradition agreement.

It only works in one direction.