Just moaning

Old Sep 5th 2018, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just moaning

To be fair terms and conditions and ensuring one complies is one of the downsides of urbanisation living in my view. Better to ensure you know what the conditions are and ensuring you are happy to comply before signing on the dotted line.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

minouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
I would suggest your daughter abides by the rules or moves :-)
You got it! She's moving and ... I move into her place, lucky me
Old Sep 5th 2018, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

minouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johncarzx
Rules can be changed or abandoned altogether. You will need to make an application to do so and it may come to a vote. Some residents may object to your proposals to turn the development into a Shanty Town and ban kids from using the pools.

Minoutte lives here
Hiya neighbour!
Old Sep 5th 2018, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I agree that it was their fault not looking into the T&Cs they signed (not translated in English). They were taken by how "lovely" the place looked, the planned kids park next to the pool (that never materialised), the mod-cons inside (e.g. underfloor heating).
Well, I'll have to follow the Scandi rules from October. Wish me luck!

And yes, 3000 quoted as an extra when the house was bought. It's remote controlled, mind you, so that you don't stress yourself too much

Last edited by minouette; Sep 5th 2018 at 8:00 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 10:03 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ah! So this isn't about not following the known rules and regs. laid out for the development and community.

Originally Posted by minouette
Maybe it's me, but I don't think these petty discussions would happen if the majority of owners were brits.
If those Brits bought into the development because they liked what they saw and read , then they would very much moan and stick up for the regs they bought into. Of course they would. It's a communal community.

Best option if one doesn't wish to comply with the rules and regs of a development = Move.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 10:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I agree that it was their fault not looking into the T&Cs they signed (not translated in English).
They didn't get a detailed translation?

They were taken by how "lovely" the place looked
Oh well. They've learnt a lesson then. Buyer beware if bought without due diligence.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

They were taken by how "lovely" the place looked)
... perhaps due in no small part to those very same restrictions designed to prevent people from spoiling the harmoniousness, such as for instance by putting up budget random coloured awnings that don't match the overall colour scheme and style
Old Sep 6th 2018, 10:29 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'll have to follow the Scandi rules from October. Wish me luck!
You don't need luck if you've read and understood the rules and regulations and know what to expect!
And you know the mindset of your future neighbours, so you're going in with your eyes open!
Old Sep 6th 2018, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
... perhaps due in no small part to those very same restrictions designed to prevent people from spoiling the harmoniousness, such as for instance by putting up budget random coloured awnings that don't match the overall colour scheme and style
Who is to say the original awnings were not budget ones purchased in bulk by the developer?
Old Sep 6th 2018, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Who is to say the original awnings were not budget ones purchased in bulk by the developer?
Eh? Well I imagine the developer did get a good discount deal for buying in bulk, otherwise he was a very stupid developer; but the OP said "They are a very pale yellow, which can't be found in LeroyMerlin and would cost about 3,000 as they are remote controlled" so they don't sound like they're absolute bargain basement. But what difference does it make how much they cost? The point is that that's the colour scheme, they all match, and as it goes pale yellow sounds quite tasteful and elegant. Blue and white stripes no doubt looks very jolly but if all the rest are pale yellow, it can't help but stick out like a sore thumb can it.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

On second thoughts, having looked at your replies above, scrub the idea of moving to the Campo....nothing is on plate here, no translations provided unless you make that happen and a devilishly large amount of those bally Spanish, French, Belgian, Dutch and even more Scandanavians.

Stay where you are and toe the line is best I would suggest. Honestly.