Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

jobs on the costa del sol

jobs on the costa del sol

Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

midget gem will become famous soon enough
Default jobs on the costa del sol

anyone know any good recruitment offices on the costa please? I really don't fancy bar work!!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: jobs on the costa del sol

No, all a bit of a rip off, best to look in "sur in English", you can look at it online..

Sorry, but the employment agencies are not very good.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

keljo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by midget gem
anyone know any good recruitment offices on the costa please? I really don't fancy bar work!!
what kind of work are looking for?
Old Jun 12th 2007, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

midget gem will become famous soon enough

Hey Keljo,

Im not sure really. In the UK i have a degree and masters in child psychology which i what i hope to one day do a Phd in so would love a job in education. But i'm not a teacher so doubt i would be able to get into eductaion in Spain.

To be honest, i would do anything just to get some money coming in!!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 8:53 am

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

Jobs are very few and far between, and when you do get one you might not even get paid. I agree with you about bar work I certainly wouldn't work all the hours god sends for £2 an hour. Once my Spanish friend asked why I don't go and get a job in the local slaughter house "because it's really good money" a whole 800 euros a month. It didn’t appeal especially seeing as I am a vegetarian.

With your qualifications perhaps you should look into teaching at an International school
Old Jun 15th 2007, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

keljo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Keljo,

Im not sure really. In the UK i have a degree and masters in child psychology which i what i hope to one day do a Phd in so would love a job in education. But i'm not a teacher so doubt i would be able to get into eductaion in Spain.

To be honest, i would do anything just to get some money coming in!!
There is a free magazine on the coast called 1st for kids and it has a section in the back for education recruitment i have just looked and there are 7 jobs in schools in the area and a couple for kinder garden workers. Good luck with your job hunt (if you get stuck i can offer you a commission only sales job in the Marbella area)
Old Jun 15th 2007, 2:36 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

There's a company that recruits for "work from home" people in spain. You need to speak spanish and have internet connection for it though. Pay is poor (but better than 2 euros an hour) and it's part time but it's pretty easy going! Let me know if you'd like more and I'll pass you on the ad.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:40 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lochy
There's a company that recruits for "work from home" people in spain. You need to speak spanish and have internet connection for it though. Pay is poor (but better than 2 euros an hour) and it's part time but it's pretty easy going! Let me know if you'd like more and I'll pass you on the ad.
I hope its not emailing out SPAM.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:43 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

No, you review internet sites for relevance to search engine queries. I was surprised it was legitimate, most of these work from home things have you paying £500 up front for the training manual.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

No, you review internet sites for relevance to search engine queries. I was surprised it was legitimate, most of these work from home things have you paying £500 up front for the training manual.
Yeah that is how they usually make their money by selling instruction packs.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:03 pm
The Best Fed Scot

However, you'll then have on target earnings of £5,000-£10,000 per month!!! Where do I send my cheque...?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

However, you'll then have on target earnings of £5,000-£10,000 per month!!! Where do I send my cheque...?
Get one for me too ;-)