Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Jetnet Internet

Jetnet Internet

Old Apr 19th 2016, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Lojahome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jetnet Internet

Hi Everyone, I've been a long time lurker on the Spain forum, and have gained valuable information which has made owning our holiday home in Andalusia a lot easier. At the moment we are investigating getting internet installed within the house. We only need the internet, no telephone or TV access. I have seen the Jetnet.es website and they offer a 6mb internet only installation for 23.9euros/month plus installation charges. As we are in the campo the installation seems ideal as we are not connected to phone lines, fibre etc, and their coverage says we can obtain the signal. Simple question, has anyone had experience of Jetnet and any pro's and con's etc? Thanks in anticipation.
Old Apr 19th 2016, 11:52 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jetnet Internet

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

A little over a year or more ago I was looking for the same thing as you in that I didn't have or want a phone line and I'm out in the campo. I ended up with a company called Iberbanda, but they are nearly twice as much as I'd not heard of Jetnet. I think I wish I had, but I'm wondering if the coverage would be ok for me. That was one thing I have problems with as we don't also always have good cell phone signals.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

We have Jetnet. 6mbps and a telephone.

We have been customers for about 4 years. We were orginally with Iberbanda as they were the only providers in our area. Then the sat TV disappeared and Jetnet appeared offering 6mbps (as opposed to Iberbanda who, at the time only offered 2mbps) and so we changed to Jetnet. What a mistake that was (initially).

Jetnet arrived in a blaze of publicity offering everyone 6mbps, but obviously didn't anticipate such a large take up and coulnd't cope with the demand. They were a nightmare to start with. Customer services were useless, could never get hold of the, internet rubbish and always failing, Jetnet always blaming transmitters etc.

But, in the last year, they have upped their game and have, all things considered, been fairly good. We still get the internet going off in particularly bad weather, but all in all they aren't too bad now.

When you subscribe to the 6mbps service, don't expect to get that speed consistently? We get about 4 to 4½ on a good day which is adequate for TV.

We used to complain on the telephone a lot without getting anywhere, then we discovered the Jetnet e-mail address, one complaint there about shoddy service and we got a refund of a months fee and technicans arriving at the house to change the receiver and sort out the problem. The e-mail address is:

[email protected]

Hope this helps

Have you heard of these people, although they do have a fairly small coverage area?

http://alpujarrawireless.com/

:

Last edited by cymruambyth; Apr 21st 2016 at 10:24 am.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

We have tooway satellite from Bentley Walker. Not ideal but it works.

Depending where you are near Loja you may get 4G. Movistar coverage is only near the town. Vodaphone 4G cover further afield. 3G coverage will be there but we left both Orange and Movistar as the service was abysmal at each of the four rush hours (when people are ringing to ask where are you? or school kids hazing each other)

All the above come with monthly limits which reduces their effectiveness for TV. There are a couple of fair usage 4G unlimited providers but I have no experience of them and they will in any case use one of the major providers to carry their service. e.g. Movistar and Vodaphone.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Looked at 4G but cost was about 50euro/month but did include a phone which we didn't need. We have some friends who live close by and use 4G and are are happy with it.

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
We have tooway satellite from Bentley Walker. Not ideal but it works.

Depending where you are near Loja you may get 4G. Movistar coverage is only near the town. Vodaphone 4G cover further afield. 3G coverage will be there but we left both Orange and Movistar as the service was abysmal at each of the four rush hours (when people are ringing to ask where are you? or school kids hazing each other)

All the above come with monthly limits which reduces their effectiveness for TV. There are a couple of fair usage 4G unlimited providers but I have no experience of them and they will in any case use one of the major providers to carry their service. e.g. Movistar and Vodaphone.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

We did look at Iberbanda, but download speeds were pretty poor and would cost about 40euro/month. and since we only use the house for about 2-3months/year we couldn't justify the cost. You can check potential coverage on the Jetnet web site.

Originally Posted by Mark604
A little over a year or more ago I was looking for the same thing as you in that I didn't have or want a phone line and I'm out in the campo. I ended up with a company called Iberbanda, but they are nearly twice as much as I'd not heard of Jetnet. I think I wish I had, but I'm wondering if the coverage would be ok for me. That was one thing I have problems with as we don't also always have good cell phone signals.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, hopefully they have now got their act together as regards to reliability etc. We have now ordered the installation, I'll update post once we have had some time to evaluate when we next return to Spain.

Thanks everyone for the useful info etc.

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
We have Jetnet. 6mbps and a telephone.

We have been customers for about 4 years. We were orginally with Iberbanda as they were the only providers in our area. Then the sat TV disappeared and Jetnet appeared offering 6mbps (as opposed to Iberbanda who, at the time only offered 2mbps) and so we changed to Jetnet. What a mistake that was (initially).

Jetnet arrived in a blaze of publicity offering everyone 6mbps, but obviously didn't anticipate such a large take up and coulnd't cope with the demand. They were a nightmare to start with. Customer services were useless, could never get hold of the, internet rubbish and always failing, Jetnet always blaming transmitters etc.

But, in the last year, they have upped their game and have, all things considered, been fairly good. We still get the internet going off in particularly bad weather, but all in all they aren't too bad now.

When you subscribe to the 6mbps service, don't expect to get that speed consistently? We get about 4 to 4½ on a good day which is adequate for TV.

We used to complain on the telephone a lot without getting anywhere, then we discovered the Jetnet e-mail address, one complaint there about shoddy service and we got a refund of a months fee and technicans arriving at the house to change the receiver and sort out the problem. The e-mail address is:

[email protected]

Hope this helps

Have you heard of these people, although they do have a fairly small coverage area?

Alpujarra Wireless - Home

http://alpujarrawireless.com/images/...compressor.jpg:
Old Jun 6th 2016, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Jetnet Internet

Well, after a visit from a Jetnet engineer it appears we cannot have their system installed as their is no signal, although on the their map we are shown as being within the coverage area. We have now signed up to Iberbanda, at a much slower max speed of 3mbs. This has been installed, so we should now be online, although at a much higher cost.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Same problem I had. Iberbanda was the only one who had proper coverage.