Jerez Horses

Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Cool Jerez Horses

Hi

Anyone know how you go about reserving places for the Horse show in Jerez. Last year we went and were told you have to book beforehand.

Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:13 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jerez Horses

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Hi

Anyone know how you go about reserving places for the Horse show in Jerez. Last year we went and were told you have to book beforehand.

Thanks
You can just turn up and pay, although run the risk of there not being any tickets left.

Try their web: www.realescuela.org. Tickets are about 16 or 17 euros I think.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

You should find the info either here:

http://www.realescuela.org/ing/home.htm

or the Jerez tourist office should be able to help - you can e-mail them for info.

Last edited by accommodation-in-spain; Oct 11th 2006 at 8:23 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

Doh sorry about that Keith, must have been typing at the same time as you but you must be quicker than me
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:33 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by accommodation-in-spain
Doh sorry about that Keith, must have been typing at the same time as you but you must be quicker than me
They don't call me Speedy for nothing! Or at least I think it is my typing skills that Anne refers to when she calls me that.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 9:24 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

We went a while ago and just went to the doors and paid to watch, it was in February so there were few people around but it was all very easy.
I assume you saw a demo, it was out of this world!
Old Oct 12th 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Hi

Thanks
Hi Mitzipurr

If you are interested in horses try also Yeguada de la Cartuja just outside Jerez. This is where the Carthusian horses are bred and you can see mares and foals running free. Website:http://www.yeguadacartuja.com/yeguad...flash/home.htm

One day I will get there myself! Note it is only open to visitors on Saturdays, you see the horses in a more natural state.

Last edited by susique; Oct 12th 2006 at 7:23 pm. Reason: forgot something
Old Oct 12th 2006, 11:05 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by susique
Hi Mitzipurr

If you are interested in horses try also Yeguada de la Cartuja just outside Jerez. This is where the Carthusian horses are bred and you can see mares and foals running free. Website:http://www.yeguadacartuja.com/yeguad...flash/home.htm

One day I will get there myself! Note it is only open to visitors on Saturdays, you see the horses in a more natural state.

It is stunning there as well! If you have a passion for horses then its an amazing place! We had a brilliant time there and were treated very well!
Old Oct 13th 2006, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by susique
Hi Mitzipurr

I agree. IMHO it is a much more exciting show at the Yeguada, much cheaper and more educational than the touristy Jerez escuela. The horses are not made to jump so much, apparantly because it can cause injuries, but you are given a much better idea about the history and skills of training. I always take visitors to that one now and it's easy to book via email (no money in advance) or just turn up if low season. But you do need a car for access and the show is only on a Sat morning.