Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Living cost comparison uk/spain

Living cost comparison uk/spain

Old Oct 14th 2006, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

hrothgar is on a distinguished road
Default Living cost comparison uk/spain

Hoping to retire to Spain next year, I'm looking for some idea of living costs in Spain compared to the UK so I can estimate my budget. Here is a list of UK costs, I wonder if anyone could give me some idea of the Spanish equivalent.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!

typical monthly UK costs (£) 2 adults.
council tax................................100
energy(gas/elec).........................90
insurances(house/car/medical)........80
car running costs(petrol/servicing).180
household shopping.....................200
leisure......................................200
tv/phone/internet........................80
Old Oct 14th 2006, 1:00 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Living cost comparison uk/spain

Originally Posted by hrothgar
Hoping to retire to Spain next year, I'm looking for some idea of living costs in Spain compared to the UK so I can estimate my budget. Here is a list of UK costs, I wonder if anyone could give me some idea of the Spanish equivalent.

I have found it is a 1/3 the cost of living in the UK

That is doing all the same things in the UK and we need 2/3 rds less to live on

Does that make ssense

Hope so
regards
Old Oct 14th 2006, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

Type in "Cost of Living" in the Search button and you'll find a useful thread started on August 12th, and reply No. 6 on August 13th.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 2:54 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Council tax is about the same for the year as you pay per month UK, depending where you live of course. household shopping, <€200per month, Leisure is as much as you want to spend, car running cost almost certainly a lot cheaper, car tax is about €50 a year, diesel is around 65p a litre, Insurances will depend on the house, where you live etc, Medical insurance, well if you are above UK retirement age then you can get FREE medical care, and only one of you needs to be in that position, that qualifies both of you.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

hrothgar is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies. Sounds promising.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 3:26 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. Sounds promising.
we certianly find it a lot cheaper than the UK.