Jellyfish

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jellyfish

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelagia_noctiluca
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

Thinking of going to the beach in Fuengirola tomorrow. Does anyone know if there are any jellyfish there at the moment??
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

We've got them here in Manilva but I would say the wind direction has been wrong for them to be on Fuengirola's beaches at the moment...a poniente is due which means they will get blown back in your direction from tomorrow but I reckon you should be ok.

Keep an eye on other people..if you see crowds of them standing on the shoreline peering into the sea ...watch out!

If you want to be prepared for the worst, take a bottle of vinegar with you it is far less embarrassing than peeing on yourself and works quickly neutralising the toxin
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EllisG
We've got them here in Manilva but I would say the wind direction has been wrong for them to be on Fuengirola's beaches at the moment...a poniente is due which means they will get blown back in your direction from tomorrow but I reckon you should be ok.

Keep an eye on other people..if you see crowds of them standing on the shoreline peering into the sea ...watch out!

If you want to be prepared for the worst, take a bottle of vinegar with you it is far less embarrassing than peeing on yourself and works quickly neutralising the toxin
Thankyou
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

It might be fog & murk worrying you more than medusas if today in Fuengirola was anything to go by............
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Fair enough, I only ever heard people calling them the "Pantanos". Never heard a Spanish person call them "lagos"
Maybe you have never seen the road sign in Spanish directing you to the viewing platform of the "Tres Largos".
Old Aug 24th 2012, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
Maybe you have never seen the road sign in Spanish directing you to the viewing platform of the "Tres Largos".
The three long what ?..........
Old Aug 24th 2012, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
Seen very similar, but "largos"?
Old Aug 24th 2012, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by agoreira
Seen very similar, but "largos"?

I refer you to the post immediately above your own......
Old Aug 24th 2012, 2:01 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
I refer you to the post immediately above your own......
I think you're both very naughty
Old Aug 24th 2012, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I think you're both very naughty
With that smiley (where DO you get them....?) I think the words pot, kettle and black spring to mind. Now and
Old Aug 24th 2012, 2:38 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

With that smiley (where DO you get them....?) I think the words pot, kettle and black spring to mind.
well yes - I can be naughty too

I got that one here

along with these.............

Old Aug 24th 2012, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok before we both get castigada (should have left my typo which was castigaga..................)

I can't figure how to post the pic of the jellyfish I found so I'll go away head bowed, muttering and puttering and ...................

Last edited by fionamw; Aug 24th 2012 at 4:17 pm. Reason: hopeless case
Old Aug 24th 2012, 4:21 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Ok before we both get castigada (should have left my typo which was castigaga..................)

I can't figure how to post the pic of the jellyfish I found so I'll go away head bowed, muttering and puttering and ...................
Old Aug 24th 2012, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

here's one I took yesterday whilst out paddling...
Attached Thumbnails Jellyfish-jfish.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.