Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Jags - Time To Act

Wikiposts

Jags - Time To Act

Old Aug 20th 2012, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Jags - Time To Act

Originally Posted by MikeCol
I'm not taking sides but I would like to point out that the folks who bought the plot next to what is now Jags bought it before the developer bought the rest and built all the villas and what was to be a club house for those villa's. By then they were committed and as the economy went belly up had no way of selling it. Its their permanent home and can you in all honesty say that you would like to live next to a place that has live music outside ( 2/3 times a week) throughout the warmer months, come on be honest. Regards Bryony
Just reposting my post from the 1st page as it seems to have gone un-noticed by some
Old Aug 20th 2012, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Id be interested to know when they bought the plot tbh - as ive said i dont own there and have no idea what the original plans said about the land there - but as long as ive been on here it seems the plot of Jags was always down to be a social place - now if they had known that maybe they wouldnt have bought that close - who knows - yes of course we do have sympathy for them but come on its not every night of the week is it and nobody seems to be complaining about the noise from other places do they
Me and the hubbs have said a few times if we had the money we'd love the villa on the left of Jags - nope not coz we are in the Jag Gang - but we'd be cheeky enough to ask to use his pool as its a bloody cracker and we couldnt ever afford on that big - plus we'd be nearer to the golf for my son who's a very keen player - you never know if the villas do come down in price - maybe one day we'd be able to afford one - the way its going i think its going to be retirement age - but hey ho i live in hope with mi lottery ticket every week xxxxx
Sam, my understanding is that the Banks took over the mortgages of the unsold villa's so they are probably going for 1/2ish of the original asking price. I also think that if you bought one you wouldn't have to ask Jag to use his pool as its for members and villa owners. Bryony
Old Aug 20th 2012, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Just reposting my post from the 1st page as it seems to have gone un-noticed by some
I was just about to do the very same thing (very strange!) but couldn't decide whether it was bad form to re-use someone elses post

It does seem to have gone un-noticed though .... or ignored
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:00 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Sam, my understanding is that the Banks took over the mortgages of the unsold villa's so they are probably going for 1/2ish of the original asking price. I also think that if you bought one you wouldn't have to ask Jag to use his pool as its for members and villa owners. Bryony
Thanks darlin - but have you any idea which banks they are up for sale with? xxx
We took our youngest son and his girlfriend with us this year and they have both fell in love with Ayamonte - how could they not - our oldest son was driving over in Spain last year and had a quick stop off at a friends for a shower and something to eat and he liked it for the short time he was there - he and his family were supposed to be coming on holiday this year with us but it didnt work out for them
I was talking to both our sons yesterday and they both maybe interested in buying over there maybe in the next couple of years (youngest is at Uni at the min and oldest one is just buying his first house) - so you never know if we bought it 3 ways maybe we could afford one - but be warned CE - we have 6 dogs between us all xxxxx
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Thanks darlin - but have you any idea which banks they are up for sale with? xxx
We took our youngest son and his girlfriend with us this year and they have both fell in love with Ayamonte - how could they not - our oldest son was driving over in Spain last year and had a quick stop off at a friends for a shower and something to eat and he liked it for the short time he was there - he and his family were supposed to be coming on holiday this year with us but it didnt work out for them
I was talking to both our sons yesterday and they both maybe interested in buying over there maybe in the next couple of years (youngest is at Uni at the min and oldest one is just buying his first house) - so you never know if we bought it 3 ways maybe we could afford one - but be warned CE - we have 6 dogs between us all xxxxx
And it is me that gets accused of going off topic
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:04 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
I was just about to do the very same thing (very strange!) but couldn't decide whether it was bad form to re-use someone elses post

It does seem to have gone un-noticed though .... or ignored
I honestly didnt see this post by Byrony tbh - if that is the case then it is a sad state of affairs for them - i just feel it is a great shame that some sort of compromise cannot/hasnt been reached between them - lets just hope something can be worked out for the good of all xxxxx
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:05 am
Happy in my bubble

And it is me that gets accused of going off topic
Hahahahahahahaha - sorry xxxxx
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

Nope I saw that post Byrony - it still doesn't change the fact that the owner started building the villa after Jags was there. They could've cut their losses at that point and bought another plot an built on there.

Again I'll repeat I lived next door to a live music venue for 12 years and would still be there now if I didn't outgrow the place I lived in.

Mabye (because it wouldn't bother me) I'm the wrong person to comment but I'd happily live in one of those villas.

What I wouldn't do is build said villa if I had an issue living next door to a restaurant that was functioning.

I'd also rather try and sort out any issues before going legal.

There's always a compromise to be found in most arguments. Lets hope they find it.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future

Erm...the poster - can't be bothered to look up their name, you know who you are ??, who mentions personal attacks, has now labelled me and many others, part of the Jag's Gang, a personal attack me thinks, you don't know me, or i'm guessing many of the other you have labelled as such, so can I suggest you either refrane from sugeesting people are what they're not, or until you know what you're talking about, practice what you preach, you can't have it both ways can you ?.
Also, in my earlier 1st post, I suggested that if Jag's ex-business partner was genuine in his comment that he would welcome other businesses in CE thriving and developing, including Jag's, pehapes he would be more than happy to sign any such petition, been a bit quiet from them hasn't it, hasn't seemed too forward to stand up and say "yes" they would sign have they ?.
Also, rather than piffling on about all this support for Jag's, it's not rocket science is it, if you disagree with any such support, don't sign the partition....simples !.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Does this thread top the league for the number of first time posters ?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future

One last point, sorry, inexperienced poster !!, just to reiterate an earlier comment I made - I know Jag himself has offered on more than one occasion to meet with the owner of the Villa, to discuss how he can possibly help, and improve the situation for both parties, but the owner has shown no interest to talk - dosn't look much of an effort to any compromise from them does it ?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
It does seem to have rattled a few cages,must be to hot outside?.

Ken.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:32 am
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:37 am
V.S
Joined a short while ago

V.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ken and Tina
Erm...the poster - can't be bothered to look up their name, you know who you are ??, who mentions personal attacks, has now labelled me and many others, part of the Jag's Gang, a personal attack me thinks, you don't know me, or i'm guessing many of the other you have labelled as such, so can I suggest you either refrane from sugeesting people are what they're not, or until you know what you're talking about, practice what you preach, you can't have it both ways can you ?.
Also, in my earlier 1st post, I suggested that if Jag's ex-business partner was genuine in his comment that he would welcome other businesses in CE thriving and developing, including Jag's, pehapes he would be more than happy to sign any such petition, been a bit quiet from them hasn't it, hasn't seemed too forward to stand up and say "yes" they would sign have they ?.
Also, rather than piffling on about all this support for Jag's, it's not rocket science is it, if you disagree with any such support, don't sign the partition....simples !.
What about the personal attacks against Jags ex-employee, ex-partner and neighbour!!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

It was you who was bemoaning personal attacks only one page ago....

I have no gripe against Jag.................................My views are not extreme or one-sided. Eh?.You must be joking
If you think that was a personal attack then you need to "live in the real world". Just fair comment!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.