Its so cruel!

Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:44 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Its so cruel!

Why oh why do the pet shops in Spain and Portugal (I know it happens in other countries too) have little puppies in small glass enclousures for sale? This morning I have seen two of the cutest Maltese Terriers about 2 months old looking so sad and trapped. They want 750 euros each for them!!! I came away in tears its just so heart breaking If I could have, I would have got the two of them.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its so cruel!

I know the feeling, everytime we see them my daughter says that "when" she wins the lottery she will buy a place in the country and open a rescue centre for all those poor dogs and cats etc.,
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
I know the feeling, everytime we see them my daughter says that "when" she wins the lottery she will buy a place in the country and open a rescue centre for all those poor dogs and cats etc.,
The pups I saw this morning were in Portugal, they have a pet shop in our local Carrefour and so far I know of two pups that have died after a week of being bought with parvo!!!!

What really does annoy me is that half the time they dont have any water in their bowls. Twice now I have had to tell the staff in the shop to fill their water up :curse:
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Why oh why do the pet shops in Spain and Portugal (I know it happens in other countries too) have little puppies in small glass enclousures for sale? This morning I have seen two of the cutest Maltese Terriers about 2 months old looking so sad and trapped. They want 750 euros each for them!!! I came away in tears its just so heart breaking If I could have, I would have got the two of them.
Think shops selling kittens and puppies must be banned now in Uk because you never see them. But there are a lot of adds in free newspapers offering various breeds of puppies from yorkshire terriers to st bernards all on one phone number so they must be buying them from puppy farms and selling on at huge profits and I always wonder what happens to the ones that don't sell
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:00 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
But there are a lot of adds in free newspapers offering various breeds of puppies from yorkshire terriers to st bernards all on one phone number so they must be buying them from puppy farms and selling on at huge profits and I always wonder what happens to the ones that don't sell
I've wondered that too. How can someone offer almost every breed of dog for sale?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:03 pm

Think shops selling kittens and puppies must be banned now in Uk because you never see them. But there are a lot of adds in free newspapers offering various breeds of puppies from yorkshire terriers to st bernards all on one phone number so they must be buying them from puppy farms and selling on at huge profits and I always wonder what happens to the ones that don't sell
Greedy people are too busy breeding dogs to make loads of dosh, when what they should be doing is adopting stray and unwanted dogs from the many dogs homes.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I've wondered that too. How can someone offer almost every breed of dog for sale?
We had someone come in at work with a cocker spaniel pup. It was docked, which you don't see very often and i bet it wasn't a vet that carried out the docking No papers, very thin, was told it was 10 weeks old was more like 16/18 weeks. No vaccines not been wormed. They bought it from one of these adds. There were kennels in the gardens with various breeding bitches of several different breeds and the pups for sale were in the back yard!:curse:
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:07 pm

We had someone come in at work with a cocker spaniel pup. It was docked, which you don't see very often and i bet it wasn't a vet that carried out the docking No papers, very thin, was told it was 10 weeks old was more like 16/18 weeks. No vaccines not been wormed. They bought it from one of these adds. There were kennels in the gardens with various breeding bitches of several different breeds and the pups for sale were in the back yard!:curse:
Thats disgusting!!! Did anyone report them?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Greedy people are too busy breeding dogs to make loads of dosh, when what they should be doing is adopting stray and unwanted dogs from the many dogs homes.
Working in a vets and being an animal lover I find it very hard to be nice to some of the breeders that we have in, though I must say we don't have a lot because most will not pay the fees for the vets! If they do have a c section tmost insist on taking the animal home because they won't pay an hospitalisation fee! They are the ones I find it very hard to be civil too
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats disgusting!!! Did anyone report them?
Some people are very naive and don't see what people are doing is wrong, they think that they are being well cared for. I did encourage someone to report a place where they got their dog from but not a deal was done, as far as I'm aware they are still trading
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:16 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

I thought docking of tails was illegal now due to how much suffering a poor dog can go through?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:16 pm

Some people are very naive and don't see what people are doing is wrong, they think that they are being well cared for. I did encourage someone to report a place where they got their dog from but not a deal was done, as far as I'm aware they are still trading
Reading your last two posts Jean, has got me absolutely lost for words. Since I came back from seeing these dogs I have just felt so low and depressed. Knowing I cant do anything about it just makes me so bloody angry!!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:18 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
I thought docking of tails was illegal now due to how much suffering a poor dog can go through?
I have to say, I don't agree with it but for a shooting dog it is absolutely essential.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
I think it became illegal to do it yourself but not for vets to do it but not many vets will. But that doesn't stop breeders/farmers doing it themselves. I shall ask when I go to work
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:22 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have to say, I don't agree with it but for a shooting dog it is absolutely essential.
If its done by a vet fair enough but they dont do they - an aquaintance had a friend who had a rottwieler (soz cant spell it) the person they got it from had docked its tail and it went bad - the dog was in a right state and lost the whole tail - mind you hearing about it it must have been glad to get rid of the pain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.