Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

it's not all gloom & doom

it's not all gloom & doom

Old Oct 7th 2010, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all
Default Re: it's not all gloom & doom

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I often have to use crutches occasionally a wheelchair
I thought it was hilarious
CouldnĀ“t agree more.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

Originally Posted by St. John
I can only walk with crutches, have had to do so for seven years. I find that most people are kind and helpful although they never give up their place in the queue nor would I expect them to. The worst hazard is the highly polished floors in Spanish banks/shops etc., you have to walk slowly, especially after a downpour, otherwise you will end up flat on your face. I tell you what - I'll gladly come over to you and break both your bloody legs and then, when you are able to hobble about on crutches, you will see what it is like.
er,there are some seriously scarey people out there. Get a sense of humour,sense of perspective,and be very careful who you threaten. You never know.................................
Old Oct 7th 2010, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by billgates
Blimey! You've got a right chip on your shoulder haven't you?
Really, lighten up.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
er,there are some seriously scarey people out there. Get a sense of humour,sense of perspective,and be very careful who you threaten. You never know.................................
Dont worry, he could not catch you anyway oops perhaps he`s after me now
Old Oct 9th 2010, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by St. John
I can only walk with crutches, have had to do so for seven years. I find that most people are kind and helpful although they never give up their place in the queue nor would I expect them to. The worst hazard is the highly polished floors in Spanish banks/shops etc., you have to walk slowly, especially after a downpour, otherwise you will end up flat on your face. I tell you what - I'll gladly come over to you and break both your bloody legs and then, when you are able to hobble about on crutches, you will see what it is like.
I'll help you!!
Old Oct 10th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Has anybody noticed (in the UK) the amount of women who walk with a single crutch without appearing to need one?
Is it a fashion accessory, because I have seem some that are decorated.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Has anybody noticed (in the UK) the amount of women who walk with a single crutch without appearing to need one?
Is it a fashion accessory, because I have seem some that are decorated.
People decorate plaster casts or use them to collect autographs perhaps they are also fashion statements. The elderly in my village with one crutch are recovering from hip or knee replacements. Did I miss something, is this mock the infirm week?
Old Oct 10th 2010, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair
People decorate plaster casts or use them to collect autographs perhaps they are also fashion statements. The elderly in my village with one crutch are recovering from hip or knee replacements. Did I miss something, is this mock the infirm week?
Oh relax a little will you?
Old Oct 10th 2010, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by reggiedh
Oh relax a little will you?

Every flock of sheep needs a shepherd or a dog to keep them in line. They are incapable of original thought so are happy to stick with the flock no matter how stupid. This forum is full of sookmatoories.

Last edited by elspeth sinclair; Oct 10th 2010 at 10:22 am. Reason: missed out an s
Old Oct 10th 2010, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Every flock of sheep needs a shepherd or a dog to keep them in line. They are incapable of original thought so are happy to stick with the flock no matter how stupid. This forum is full of sookmatoories.
Whatever that means. Perhaps a little too PC are you with no sense of humor?
No one has been malicious on the subject.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by reggiedh
Whatever that means. Perhaps a little too PC are you with no sense of humor?
No one has been malicious on the subject.

A big yawn!!!
Old Oct 10th 2010, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

A big yawn!!!
Yeah figured you would say something along those lines. You really are full of it.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

as the instigator of this thread I really didn't mean to start a fight.

I just wanted to comment about how friendly & supportive people seem to be here in Spain. It probably helps that they know me already but there seem to be benches in the main streets (I can only do 100 meters in 1 hobble), chairs in shops & of course table service in all cafes.

To anyone reading this who uses crutches or wheelchair permanently you have my deepest sympathy. I am only out of action for 8 weeks or so.

Apologies for causing any trouble - it certainly wasn't intended.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

porque no is an unknown quantity at this point

poolboy, I have found it very sad that a heartwarming post as yours can be turned so sour. I have come to the conclusion that some people are happiest when being misserable & or rude
Old Oct 11th 2010, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by poolboy
as the instigator of this thread I really didn't mean to start a fight.
I don't think it was your post that started anything, it was the next post which was a rather funny jokey post aimed at you. Unfortunately it seems that angle was totally missed by some members

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.