Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Its a juggling act

Its a juggling act

Old Mar 7th 2007, 4:36 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default Its a juggling act

I have decided I have paid a holding fee so thats up in the air. I have a 20% deposit to pay in 3 weeks and thats a huge sum almost £30k so thats up in the air, I need to sell or rent my house here by May and they are up in the air. At this stage I have staked just £2k and feel like putting the balls down apologising profusley before walking centre left Its soooo hard isnt it
Old Mar 7th 2007, 4:46 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its a juggling act

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
I have decided I have paid a holding fee so thats up in the air. I have a 20% deposit to pay in 3 weeks and thats a huge sum almost £30k so thats up in the air, I need to sell or rent my house here by May and they are up in the air. At this stage I have staked just £2k and feel like putting the balls down apologising profusley before walking centre left Its soooo hard isnt it
Chin up and follow your heart.

I just got a phone call, a friend died today...out of the blue. Only 49 years old...a beautiful woman with two gorgeous daughters.

Life's too short to not go for the things that make us happy.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 4:49 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by MnM
Chin up and follow your heart.

I just got a phone call, a friend died today...out of the blue. Only 49 years old...a beautiful woman with two gorgeous daughters.

Life's too short to not go for the things that make us happy.
dam sorry mate thats terrible. You are right and I know it already. Its just the huge sums of money exchanging hands is bloody hard to get your head around. Cheers for the reply anyway in a sad way its kept me on track. Sorry again about your freind thats just no age is it
Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:25 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it. Life is too short to not follow your dream. My husband and I lost close friends and that stopped us worrying about the money side and made us more determined to come here as soon as possible. We are here on very low money but have not regretted it yet, only came last July so still early days.
Rosemary
Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:53 pm
Smarties

Originally Posted by Graham Hydes
Go for it. Life is too short to not follow your dream. My husband and I lost close friends and that stopped us worrying about the money side and made us more determined to come here as soon as possible. We are here on very low money but have not regretted it yet, only came last July so still early days.
Rosemary
Thanks much. We will be on very little money as well
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

Hey smarties.
I'm struggling too, seems like everything wants to go wrong now!
gotta keep chin up and remember why we wanted to do it in the first place i think. The stress will be worth it. (i hope so )
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:17 am
Smarties

Originally Posted by cajam31
Hey smarties.
I'm struggling too, seems like everything wants to go wrong now!
gotta keep chin up and remember why we wanted to do it in the first place i think. The stress will be worth it. (i hope so )
Ive had a terrible night. Got about 3 hours sleep and the rest of the evening I was feeling sick with waves of panic washing over me like pins and needles and hot flushes. This just has to be the toughest thing I have ever embarked on. I am serioulsly questioning if we are doing the right thing by buying and not renting first. We do want to move to Spain and we will but my problem now is handing over all this money and having very little in reserve. In three weeks I hand over £28k or there about. I would prefer to get over there with a decent fighting fund I think though the villa we have paid the deposit on is superb
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Ive had a terrible night. Got about 3 hours sleep and the rest of the evening I was feeling sick with waves of panic washing over me like pins and needles and hot flushes. This just has to be the toughest thing I have ever embarked on. I am serioulsly questioning if we are doing the right thing by buying and not renting first. We do want to move to Spain and we will but my problem now is handing over all this money and having very little in reserve. In three weeks I hand over £28k or there about. I would prefer to get over there with a decent fighting fund I think though the villa we have paid the deposit on is superb
we did the same, came over and bought straight away - in hindsight I wish we had of rented first but everyone is different and circumstances vary wwhichmakes it difficult for anyone to tell you what to do

go with your heart

good luck
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:02 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

SNAP - whatever were we thinking of eh

We are in the same boat - and I am sure there are others in a similar situation. On hindsight we also think we would have been better off renting first. Actually that is what I wanted to do but hubby said renting is dead money so we bought. He now says he should have listened to me But he didn't, we bought, we have had sleepless nights, we have highs and lows and yesterday I woke after a restless night with very little sleep and posted my worries on here. The response I got was overwhelming - such lovely people with comforting words and advice - you included. I hope it wasn't my thread which got you thinking this way

We borrowed the money for the deposit from the bank and when we sell the house we will pay that back so, like you, we have a few things up in the air. Our house has been on the market for just over a year, maybe the reason it didn't sell was because our place was not going to be ready on time - who knows! It's in the lap of the Gods!

If you pull out now you will lose your £3000 euros but we have been down that road too - lost £4000 on a place in Costa Dorado but that's another story and one I'd rather forget We are just trusting to fate and hoping it will all work out ok.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=spain;4496819]we did the same, came over and bought straight away - in hindsight I wish we had of rented first but everyone is different and circumstances vary wwhichmakes it difficult for anyone to tell you what to do [QUOTE]

Yes we did the same, we lived in our apartment first & after 6 weeks we saw this villa & stupidly bought it, (over budget). We were still in the honeymoon period of being in Spain. Now I hate the villa, my husband won't sell it, so it is causing mega problems in our marriage.

As soon as the phone line is reconnected at the flat I am moving back there, where I feel safe.

A very sad situation after 36 years of a very happy marriage.

Wendy x
Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:52 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Wendy Nesbeth;4497023][QUOTE=spain;4496819]we did the same, came over and bought straight away - in hindsight I wish we had of rented first but everyone is different and circumstances vary wwhichmakes it difficult for anyone to tell you what to do

Yes we did the same, we lived in our apartment first & after 6 weeks we saw this villa & stupidly bought it, (over budget). We were still in the honeymoon period of being in Spain. Now I hate the villa, my husband won't sell it, so it is causing mega problems in our marriage.

As soon as the phone line is reconnected at the flat I am moving back there, where I feel safe.

A very sad situation after 36 years of a very happy marriage.

Wendy x
Oh Wendy surely you are not thinking of leaving your husband in the villa alone - after 36 happy years! Why don't you both move into the flat and rent out the villa? Then maybe your husband will come round to your way of thinking and decide to sell the villa. There must be a compromise somewhere.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

Hello Lionda,

Well it has come to that, he will not move back to the flat, I am just hoping & praying that he will miss me so much that he will reconsider selling.

He won't compromise at all, I think it is his age he is nearly 79, I am 14 years his junior

As they say marry in haste, repent at leisure, in this case it is buy in haste & repent at leisure. Well I am certainly doing that.

There are many people in Spain who are doing that.

Just think twice & don't get carried away.

Wendy x
Old Mar 8th 2007, 5:59 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth
Hello Lionda,

Well it has come to that, he will not move back to the flat, I am just hoping & praying that he will miss me so much that he will reconsider selling.

He won't compromise at all, I think it is his age he is nearly 79, I am 14 years his junior

As they say marry in haste, repent at leisure, in this case it is buy in haste & repent at leisure. Well I am certainly doing that.

There are many people in Spain who are doing that.

Just think twice & don't get carried away.

Wendy x
Well I really hope he realises what he stands to lose by being stubborn! What a terrible situation. Sending you lots of (((hugs))) and hoping that you manage to find some happiness and don't resort to separating xx
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

You seemed so certain and determined- why the change?
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:45 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
You seemed so certain and determined- why the change?

I hope it wasn't my thread yesterday Please Smarties - say it wasn't

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.